Windows 10: Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.

Discus and support Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, since an update earlier today, my Start Menu has decided to resize the icons and shrink down the fonts to almost for me unreadable size. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mazzilla, Sep 15, 2021.

1. mazzilla Win User

Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.

Hi all, since an update earlier today, my Start Menu has decided to resize the icons and shrink down the fonts to almost for me unreadable size. I have tried a fix that I found on here and it did work for about half an hour then it went back to its current state. Another suggestion was do a repair on the Windows install, which is ridiculous as the issue only started today after doing a Windows Update, prior to this it was fine.. So something in that has messed around with the Start Menu settings. Its Version 21H1 OS Build 1904.1237. Any suggestions would be appreicated

:)

mazzilla, Sep 15, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Sep 15, 2021
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason. prob.jpg

psyko12, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.

Start menu changed to icons from text

With the anniversary update, the start menu changed from text entries for file, settings, etc. It now has a list of icons. Can I change it back to text, the way it looks after I click on Start, at the top of the start menu.

billybob1029, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.

1. Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason. - Similar Threads - Start Menu icons

2. Start Menu Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Text: How do I restore the text in my Start menu when it disappeared after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-text/e070086c-126a-44c1-9fea-35a67ac46e7f
  3. Text & icons in start menu greyed out

Text & icons in start menu greyed out: Hello everyone, I'm in need of assistance. You see just recently I've reseted the Local Group Policy settings on my computer through the command prompt method. Though after the process was complete I discovered that there was a problem with my start menu. All the text &...
  4. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  5. Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label

Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label: Does anyone know how to get the text in the tiles to center, like the icons? [img] 115908
  6. Start menu text color

Start menu text color: good morning, im not sure if this has been posted and solved, but i have a hard time reading the start menu text..i even changed the default app mode from dark to light. and i cant figure out how to change the color of the text. any help would be appreciated thankyou in...
  7. How to shrink start menu ..>

How to shrink start menu ..>: Hi All Is there a way to make start menu smaller , since I don't have many tiles active It just look bland ... Thanks . [img] 16751
  8. Grey text on start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey text on start menu?: After latest cumulative update I notice loads of my start menu entries are written in grey. Most are white but there are quite a few in grey. They still seem to launch ok but this is very odd. Rebooting seems to return many of the text entries to white but then slowly more...
  9. Can i shrink start menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i shrink start menu ?: Hello. Is there anyway to shrink the size of the start menu ? i HAVE hovered over the edge and two arrows appear pointing in different directions,but when i drag the start menu area to the LEFT it just pops back to where it was. The picture below shows with red dashes the...
  10. start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description: I used to be able to press the windows key and scroll up with the up arrow key to select the power button but now by default, the up arrow key selects the programs instead. I believe this has to do with the left pane start menu becoming marginalized / minimized. Is there a...