Windows 10: Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden

Discus and support Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] In the past 48 hours, I've noticed that any system and store app icons are not displaying in the start menu on this particular screen or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ryanchapelle, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden

Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden 4ovG_CM3cGmdMGwz7rlS-NuFfpd7UwPjOOjtkYYEMxg.jpg

In the past 48 hours, I've noticed that any system and store app icons are not displaying in the start menu on this particular screen or when searched via the start bar. If I scroll thru the program list, the icons are there.

I've tried rebuilding my icon and thumbnail db, did a SFC which repaired a few corrupted files, but nothing is fixing this. Have also been having issues where my PC freezes for increments of 5 min or so when trying to load icons and thumbnails. It eventually snaps out of it, but am not really seeing anything in the logs that indicate errors -- and no hint of any drive failures. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!

https://preview.redd.it/luolruooz0q...bp&s=90bf6606742e8fd44288cd78ffc567418cca0da3

submitted by /u/ryanchapelle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ryanchapelle, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Apr 1, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden prob.jpg

psyko12, Apr 1, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden

1. Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Start Menu icons

2. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icons are all blank: I have my start menu open however all icons are blank with only names on it. You will be able to open apps in start menu however the icons is all like folders and no certain picture....
  3. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icons are all blank: I have my start menu open however all icons are blank with only names on it. You will be able to open apps in start menu however the icons is all like folders and no certain picture....
  4. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly

Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly: Hi Recently I have reinstalled the windows using fresh start by keeping all my personnel files and deleting all the applications. After the installation, I tried to install the software and I installed all of them. But after the installation, icons are usual on the...
  6. Windows start menu icons reset suddenly

Windows start menu icons reset suddenly: My start menu stopped working suddenly, so I restarted the computer to fix that. However, now all the icons are reset to factory icons now. I could find an error in my Windows-event log that is related to this: Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version:...
  7. Start menu suddenly won't open at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu suddenly won't open at all: Hello, I am running Windows 10 version 2004. After restarting Windows 10 today my Start menu has suddenly stopped working. Clicking on the Start button or pressing the Windows key on my keyboard does nothing at all. The search menu still works, but is now half its previous...
  8. Icons not Displayed in Start Menu !

Icons not Displayed in Start Menu !: The Icons are not displayed on Start Menu, When I click the Icon It opens the App perfectly and in howermouse it show the Name of the App but it doesn't display the Icon. Any Idea how to get the Icons back ? [img] 26882
  9. Start Menu not displaying All apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu not displaying All apps: Performed an upgrade from Windows 8.1. When I select "All apps" from the Start Menu, I notice that not all the apps are displayed. May have found a bug in Windows 10 release. Anyone else having this issue? 10241
  10. start menu stuck displaying all apps

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu stuck displaying all apps: so...as the title suggests, my stepfather's start menu is stuck on all apps....how do I unfrak this? [img] 60633