Windows 10: Start menu icons are not transparent

Discus and support Start menu icons are not transparent in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Start menu icons are not appearing transparent. Any suggestions how to fix this? Thanks! [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aole4, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Aole4 Win User

Start menu icons are not transparent

Start menu icons are not appearing transparent. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks!

Start menu icons are not transparent 735b0355-8e57-49b5-988a-dad901e9a9f1?upload=true.png

:)

Aole4, Aug 24, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Eosphotog Win User
    Transparent Start menu icon background?

On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the icon backgrounds as transparent, or at least matching the background color of the start menu. But with transparency turned on, the icon backgrounds are not transparent, but instead the accent color.

It is as if Microsoft said "Hey - ALL icons should be SQUARE - so we will make all icons SQUARE just like tiles, whether you like it or not".

Bleh. So - how does one make the start menu icon background color transparent?

Eosphotog, Aug 24, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Start menu icons are not transparent prob.jpg

psyko12, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Start menu icons are not transparent - Similar Threads - Start menu icons

2. start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu transparent: how to make start menu transparent and add some blur. i find ways but not any working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-transparent/29618704-2e91-4a65-87d9-acda1ee39bce
  3. start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu transparent: how to make start menu transparent and add some blur. i find ways but not any working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-transparent/29618704-2e91-4a65-87d9-acda1ee39bce
  4. transparency of start menu!

transparency of start menu!: i do not have my start menu transparent even though the task bar is . Can i hope for a reply as soon as possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparency-of-start-menu/c6184f84-74fe-45f1-b9ff-b26a3c4b7eb7
  5. Transparent start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transparent start menu?: Hello, I didn't use this OS for a long and after coming back I've noticed that the start menu isn't transparent anymore? The taskbar is (and it's blurry somewhy), but the start menu is dark gray. I think it was like this after the white theme update, not sure... Is there a...
  6. Transparent start menu?

Transparent start menu?: I've been looking around for the last few days trying to find a way to make the start menu completely transparent. And to no avail, nothing works. So if anyone knows a surefire way to make it so it is transparent (not translucent) please tell me submitted by /u/PeakCartoon...
  7. Start menu not transparent

Start menu not transparent: My start menu won't turn transparent or translucent. I have enabled transparency and have tried all the regedits after googling, non of them work. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/suskab [link] [comments]...
  8. Start menu transparency

Start menu transparency: i currently have the transparency turned on and the colors are to my liking but I was wondering is there a way to make the background more transparent and to change the icons background color for messed up icons. What I want to do is make the main part a bit more transparent...
  9. Start menu transparency

Start menu transparency: Is there any way to change the transparency/colour intensity of the start menu? Classic Start Menu allowed me to change the transparency of the task bar and I'm left with this Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet So far i couldn't find any program/tweak to change...
  10. Transparent Start menu icon background?

Transparent Start menu icon background?: On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the...