Windows 10: Start menu icons completely broken

Discus and support Start menu icons completely broken in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So this happened. Is this to do with the release of the new windows 10 version 2004 haven't updated just yet or is it something else bugging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Commander_Red, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Start menu icons completely broken

Start menu icons completely broken a7f24b13-d4b6-4a58-8942-498d01edf9f8?upload=true.png

So this happened. Is this to do with the release of the new windows 10 version 2004 haven't updated just yet or is it something else bugging out?

:)

Commander_Red, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Sep 19, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Start menu icons completely broken prob.jpg

psyko12, Sep 19, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu icons completely broken

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Start menu icons completely broken

1. Start menu icons completely broken - Similar Threads - Start menu icons

2. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken icons in start menu search results: I noticed this started about a week ago, but it doesn't corelate with any kind of update or new software installation.When searching typing app names while in the start menu, all store apps that appear in results display a generic picture icon.However, the same apps have...
  3. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken icons in start menu search results: I noticed this started about a week ago, but it doesn't corelate with any kind of update or new software installation.When searching typing app names while in the start menu, all store apps that appear in results display a generic picture icon.However, the same apps have...
  4. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broken icons in search of start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken icons in search of start menu.: Hi all, I have an issue with the icons in the search of start. They look blank / broken, please see the screen shot. See the Weather app as an example: [ATTACH] This happened to all my machines, desktop and 2 laptops. On all devices I run Windows 10 Pro - 20H2. Do you...
  6. Start menu pinned apps icons broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu pinned apps icons broken: Hey guys. I have an issue that came up a couple of days ago out of nowhere. I have game launchers installed on another ssd (games ssd) and got them pinned to start menu. as of couple of days ago they appear to have broken icons, shortcuts work tho and I can still launch my...
  7. Broken Icons in Start Menu (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken Icons in Start Menu (Windows 10): When i search in the start menu for an application the icon appears broken but when i locate it manually in the start menu its fine, has anyone else had this and fixed it? I've just tried Re-register_Start_Menu.bat i found else where in this forum [img] 164592
  8. Broken Icons in Start Menu (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Icons in Start Menu (Windows 10): When i search in the start menu for an application the icon appears broken but when i locate it manually in the start menu its fine, has anyone else had this and fixed it? I've just tried Re-register_Start_Menu.bat i found else where in this forum [img] 164592
  9. Broken icons start menu search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken icons start menu search: [ATTACH] In the last 2 days I found this issue on my windows, not sure how many icons are affected but it looks really awful, it seem to be only on the search part of the start menu and to include most but not all the apps, what can I do to fix it? Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 Start-Menu Icons broken ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start-Menu Icons broken ?: Hello community, I just installed Windows 10 and its nice and all, just that the icons in the start menu and the system settings for programs are broken. You dont know what I mean? This is a screenshot: Screenshot Hope you can help! *Smile Yours, Jerome 9486