Windows 10: Start Menu Icons Gone

Discus and support Start Menu Icons Gone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to start using my start menu, but I don't remember how to add icons back. I tried to just drag them but that doesn't work. Also, they just all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sammyandsam, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Start Menu Icons Gone

I want to start using my start menu, but I don't remember how to add icons back. I tried to just drag them but that doesn't work.
    Also, they just all disappeared randomly. Not sure why.
    Screenshot

:)

sammyandsam, Dec 11, 2015

2. Windows 10: Selection boxes on the start menu are partially void or have gone blank

Many of the selection boxes on the start menu are partially void or have gone blank. How do I restore them?

Original Title: Start Menu Icons

Bob Cordts, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Lost all aps (among other things)

The start menu does not display aps any more and the MS Edge icon has gone from the task bar. (Right clicking on the start menu does provide a menu) All the historic Restore Points are no longer available and the Reset PC does not work.

What's gone wrong and how can I correct this?

Alan Wyatt, Dec 11, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Start Menu Icons Gone

Go through the all apps list and you should be able to right click on what you want to pin and the option to pin it to the start menu should be there.

BunnyJ, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu Icons Gone

1. Start Menu Icons Gone - Similar Threads - Start Menu Icons

2. Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu: First off, a little background information. This is a brand new Dell PC i5, 8GB RAM, SSD 512GB that came with Windows 11 22H2 Home pre-installed; I subsequently upgraded to Pro as we are in a domain environment. After a few days of use strange things began happening, desktop...
  3. Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone: Hello,ive changed a few graphic things to enable better frames in games, such as enable game mode, hardware-accelerated-gpu scheduling, focus assistant and the adjust the appearance and performance settings i already changed the appearance back to what windows recommends...
  4. Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone: Hello,ive changed a few graphic things to enable better frames in games, such as enable game mode, hardware-accelerated-gpu scheduling, focus assistant and the adjust the appearance and performance settings i already changed the appearance back to what windows recommends...
  5. Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu gone: After upgrading it appears that my Start Menu is no longer displaying. Any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/a2f9827e-679b-4bd8-9122-1e4ed74e59d4
  7. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu gone: Two of our Windows 10 computers have suddenly lost their start menus, and now Word documents can't be opened. What to do? Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/4f701a57-d981-4243-8e01-5874ecfd005e
  8. Start menu is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu is gone: Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/start-menu-is-gone/e3195ce7-f566-4e68-8a19-332a23948909
  9. Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky: Been using Win10 for many, many months running with windows 7 format . This morning On logging in with password, it recognized me by username, BUT it then said "Preparing Windows". The desktop had only about 10 of the 50+ icons. Background image is gone. Start menu has none...
  10. Start menu icons gone for some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons gone for some programs: yo! All of a sudden the battle.net, chrome and evernote lost it's icons but they still work. how, why? 38027