Windows 10: Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update

Discus and support Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday, I installed the latest Windows 10 updates. After that update, I have noticed that some of my Start Menu icons don't show up properly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gf1, Sep 25, 2018.

1. GF1
    gf1 Win User

Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update

Yesterday, I installed the latest Windows 10 updates. After that update, I have noticed that some of my Start Menu icons don't show up properly. These appear to mostly be the Office 365 icons. I rebooted my computer again today and these icons are still not showing up properly.

Here is what I am currently seeing. The blue and orange icons next to the green Excel icon are for Word and Power Point. The grey icon on the second row is for Chrome the black icon is for Firefox and the white icon is for Opera. There are also other icons not properly showing up in the start menu.

Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update fa2c2849-3c48-4c9f-9de5-7e8a94fcb7f2?upload=true.jpg

Here is my Windows 10 info

Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update 51c8dbc3-c05e-4ed7-aace-1c0ac6b38bc3?upload=true.jpg

Why are these icons not showing up properly?

:)

2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Sep 25, 2018
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update prob.jpg

psyko12, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update - Similar Threads - Start Menu icons

2. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Start Menu: Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu/659a5a5a-28c6-43ab-93e3-b791b8ebcbab
  3. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Start Menu: Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu/659a5a5a-28c6-43ab-93e3-b791b8ebcbab
  4. after last update my start menu won't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    after last update my start menu won't work: please advise on start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-update-my-start-menu-wont-work/9cc0d3f5-94cf-4be7-9243-510d05d6df43
  5. after last update my start menu won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after last update my start menu won't work: please advise on start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-update-my-start-menu-wont-work/9cc0d3f5-94cf-4be7-9243-510d05d6df43
  6. Windows 10 start menu stopped working after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 start menu stopped working after last update: I lost the windows 10 start menu altogether, if I press the windows menu or I click on the icon, nothing happens. Not even the taskbar activates. I've scrolled through dozens of blogs and videos trying every trick and nothing works. It was a "November 10, 2020—KB4586781 (OS...
  7. Start menu not working after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working after last update: I have Windows 10 and after the last forced update I cannot access my start menu. The key at the bottom left of my screen does nothing when clicked, quick access on my keyboard also gets no response. I have run several cleanup tasks including an sfc through powershell and...
  8. No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/retestreak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hedbzx/no_icons_in_startmenu_after_update_how_to_solve/
  9. LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE: I have a Broadcom wifi that no longer works and have been unable to reset even after a reinstall HELP. There is only a usb and no ethernet as is a LINX 12/64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-after-last-update/8dce5a7c-c9ef-4075-b43c-3f6d091ea10e
  10. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Start Menu: After the latest update, my Windows 10 laptop seems 'stuck' on tiles. I loathe tiles. I want my start menu back, and when the tiles are active, the start menu doesn't work. For some reason, I'm also again back with Cortana 'active.' Cortana is clearly the work of the...