Windows 10: Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone

Discus and support Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,ive changed a few graphic things to enable better frames in games, such as enable game mode, hardware-accelerated-gpu scheduling, focus assistant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xTheAinor, Nov 20, 2022.

1. xTheAinor Win User

Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone

Hello,ive changed a few graphic things to enable better frames in games, such as enable game mode, hardware-accelerated-gpu scheduling, focus assistant and the adjust the appearance and performance settings i already changed the appearance back to what windows recommends using but the icons are still gone.Ive already tried running the console thing found in this answer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-apps-icon-are-missing/a6c8ce29-e521-453e-b9c4-e630c8a0c195#windows

:)

xTheAinor, Nov 20, 2022
  2. Frank:) Win User

Icons/apps in Windows 10 Start menu are gone.

After I installed HP Solution Center, I rebootted my PC. After the reboot some icons and apps in my Start Menu, like Spotify, all the Microsoft Office apps and the Microsoft E-mail app, are gone. The aren't in my app list either.

I searched in Windows Explore to those programs. I didn't found the Microsoft apps, which are gone. I did found Spotify and the Microsoft Office apps. But I couldn't add those to my Start Menu.

When I try to add an app, to the Start Menu, is in my app list, I can't move it arround or change the size of the Icon.

I hope you know a solution.

Frank:), Nov 20, 2022
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Nov 20, 2022
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Nov 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone - Similar Threads - Start Menu Icons

2. How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?: Hi. My start menu, task bar, settings menu and system tray are all inoperative. In task manager they show a green leaf and comment about UWP suspension. The only suggestions as to how to reactivate them involves using these same inoperative start menu and settings. How do I...
  3. How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?: Hi. My start menu, task bar, settings menu and system tray are all inoperative. In task manager they show a green leaf and comment about UWP suspension. The only suggestions as to how to reactivate them involves using these same inoperative start menu and settings. How do I...
  4. Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone: Hello,ive changed a few graphic things to enable better frames in games, such as enable game mode, hardware-accelerated-gpu scheduling, focus assistant and the adjust the appearance and performance settings i already changed the appearance back to what windows recommends...
  5. Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Icons Settings, Spotify, etc. are gone: Hello,ive changed a few graphic things to enable better frames in games, such as enable game mode, hardware-accelerated-gpu scheduling, focus assistant and the adjust the appearance and performance settings i already changed the appearance back to what windows recommends...
  6. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu gone: After upgrading it appears that my Start Menu is no longer displaying. Any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/a2f9827e-679b-4bd8-9122-1e4ed74e59d4
  7. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu gone: Two of our Windows 10 computers have suddenly lost their start menus, and now Word documents can't be opened. What to do? Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/4f701a57-d981-4243-8e01-5874ecfd005e
  8. Start menu is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu is gone: Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/start-menu-is-gone/e3195ce7-f566-4e68-8a19-332a23948909
  9. Start Menu Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Gone: I want to start using my start menu, but I don't remember how to add icons back. I tried to just drag them but that doesn't work. Also, they just all disappeared randomly. Not sure why. Screenshot 33575
  10. Start menu icons gone for some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons gone for some programs: yo! All of a sudden the battle.net, chrome and evernote lost it's icons but they still work. how, why? 38027