Windows 10: Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name

Discus and support Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just recently enabled virtualization on my Windows 10 so I could use BlueStacks, and ever since then none of my Microsoft apps work. For example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Doinkey11, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name

I just recently enabled virtualization on my Windows 10 so I could use BlueStacks, and ever since then none of my Microsoft apps work. For example, whenever I try to run Word Document, Microsoft Office starts running, and it says “Updating Office, please wait a moment.” However, it runs for an hour (maybe more, but that’s when I stopped it), and when I stop it an application error window comes up saying “WINWORD.EXE. This application was unable to start correctly (0x0000142). And whenever I pull up the start menu, all the icons are blue and blank. For example: normally I can see the Word 2016 logo in the Start Menu, and it says Word 2016, but instead the icon is blue and doesn’t show the logo, and the name is “W~Microsoft.Office.WINWORD.EXE.15”. Plus, if I restart the computer, nothing happens, and without clicking on anything, an application error window pops up and says “ONENOTEM.EXE error”. Any help is much appreciated!

submitted by /u/Doinkey11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Doinkey11, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Try removing that icon from the start menu, going to profram file folder for firefox, and doing "pin 2 start menu".

oli_ramsay, Mar 28, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name prob.jpg

psyko12, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name

1. Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name - Similar Threads - Start Menu icons

2. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  3. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  4. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. App icons aren't showing in Start Menu

App icons aren't showing in Start Menu: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,App icons are not showing in Start Menu. I'd reset Start Menu in Registry Editor bit still not fixed. But icons are showing in Start Menu folder....
  6. People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu: Why my app name in start menu is "ms-resource:AppListName" in start menu? i have been trying to restart app from settings, but did not work. [ATTACH]...
  7. Show File Explorer FOLDER NAMES in Taskbar instead of PREVIEWS with truncated paths? -...

Show File Explorer FOLDER NAMES in Taskbar instead of PREVIEWS with truncated paths? -...: In Windows 7 Pro, when you have more folders open than will fit in the taskbar the folder names all get collapsed into the File Explorer icon in the taskbar and when you click the File Explorer icon in the taskbar the list of open folder names pop up into a vertical menu list...
  8. How to make start menu show apps instead of their folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make start menu show apps instead of their folders?: Hi, this is a simple non-issue question, if you click the start menu it shows the folders of some apps e.g. showing a "Foxit Reader" folder which only contains one item, the Foxit Reader app. Some others like Qbittorrent folder show the Qbittorrent app and the Uninstall icon,...
  9. Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu: As per the image below - why are many of my apps not showing their icons? There's not options to change them and I've tried pinning the original .exe and shortcuts to the app but there is no difference. Any clues? [img] 10775
  10. start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description: I used to be able to press the windows key and scroll up with the up arrow key to select the power button but now by default, the up arrow key selects the programs instead. I believe this has to do with the left pane start menu becoming marginalized / minimized. Is there a...