Windows 10: Start Menu Icons

Discus and support Start Menu Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rayal, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Rayal Win User

Start Menu Icons

Hello,
    Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon.
    Thank You

:)

Rayal, Jan 17, 2018
  2. VivikaB. Win User

Start Menu icon

Since noon I have not been able to use the Start Menu Icon to deactivate or reactivate my PC. My only solution, for now, is Ctrl+Alt+ Delete. Any ideas on how has this happened or any suggestions to sort this out?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Power on or off a device

VivikaB., Jan 17, 2018
  3. start menu icons

Hi Hugh,

To better assist you, please provide the following:

• What is the model of your Microsoft phone?
    • Which Windows version is running on the device?

Keep us posted.

Josette Sal, Jan 17, 2018
  4. Tony K Win User

Start Menu Icons

Tony K, Jan 17, 2018
  5. Rayal Win User
    Thanks-but unfortunately refers to function no longer available in Google Chrome.

Rayal, Jan 17, 2018
  6. Tony K Win User
    Doesn't the Google site have anything on it?

Tony K, Jan 17, 2018
  7. nt62 Win User
    one option - once web page open

click 3 dots - more tools - add to desktop

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

drag icons to start menu

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

pin to start

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

then you can open the browser
    click top left corner - pointer icon may be hidden until clicked

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

8. Rayal Win User

Start Menu Icons

Thanks, However I was looking for a way to retain web page icon when adding to start menu, not Chrome generic.I can do it with Edge ,but then it also opens in Edge.

Rayal, Jan 17, 2018
  9. nt62 Win User
    I know. It's just an option.
    However, the default website icon should be listed in the menu - not on a tile.

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

You could just select from the menu rather than a tile. (not pin)

Another option is to install the FREE edgeTILE app from the store
    and experiment with web urls and tile pics.

10. nt62 Win User
    @ Rayal - sites can be opened into a generic explorer window - or the browser

edit: need to add this
    When "adding to desktop" there is an option to load into the browser or an explorer window

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

The Chrome Apps listing in the menu will launch Chrome listed websites even if Edge is the default.

If interested you can change the icon in the menu and / or also pin them to the taskbar.

Anyway, such as it is, I am sure there are other ways.
    You could also launch websites from a new tab page.

Opera has nice new tab page options including animated wallpapers.

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

Maxthon has some interesting tab page features.
    Edge is limited.
    cheers

11. Rayal Win User
    Thanks anyway , I guess I'll stay with desktop icon or bookmark option

Rayal, Jan 17, 2018
  12. Tony K Win User
    Doesn't Chrome have something similar to the Favorites bar?

Everyone has their preference, but I must say; You went through all that with no solution and you say Edge is limited? Edge does all that the OP wanted to do plus more. Here's my Edge new tab page:

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

Tony K, Jan 17, 2018
  13. Edwin New Member

Start Menu Icons

@Rayal
    There is a fairly easy way to do it but, if you want to do a lot of them it's gonna take a lot of work!

I did one that brings you to this page itself. Let me refresh, in my mind, the method of doing this expeditiously and I'll post back.

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 17, 2018
  14. Edwin New Member
    @Rayal
    I have to research a couple things and talk to a fellow forumeer; I'll post something back tomorrow.

Edwin, Jan 17, 2018
  15. nt62 Win User
    Hello @Tony K.

The solutions were "add to desktop" icons for Chrome as requested.
    The original website desktop icon will launch Chrome even if Edge or other browser is default.

The other solution was drag icons to start menu.
    Original website icons as requested are listed in the start menu under "Chrome Apps"

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

The requested website icons can also be pinned to the taskbar
    and will run the Chrome​ browser even if Edge or other is the default

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

Tiles are a different matter.
    Edge does not have any start tabs that can be customized.
    Edge does not have themes that I am aware of.
    Edge does not have any options to add customized wallpapers or animated wallpapers.
    If you run BING - Bing supplies only Bing wallpapers.
    Edge only runs on Windows 10.
    Other contributors will suggest a better way than a desktop icon.

Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

suggested start tab page to OP using different browsers
    did my best - nothing more to add
    I find seeking address bar and browser tabs website icons to be ... forget it.
    A task for a young corporate programmer.
    edgeTILE is an excellent free store app that has options to customize tiles for web urls.

farewell

Thema:

Start Menu Icons

1. Start Menu Icons - Similar Threads - Start Menu Icons

2. start menu icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icons: start menus icons changed with windows 11 22 h2 update. how can i restore to 22h1 start menu icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons/a5eaccf3-b1da-4e9a-8f4a-592f288fc942
  3. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  4. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  5. Start menu icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons: When I install something from the Windows Store and click on PIN TO START, an empty icon that does not respond to a click appears. I tried many solutions, but the problem remained. 180404
  6. Icons in Start Menu

Icons in Start Menu: I recently had to clean install Windows 10 20H2, using a bootable usb, due to some problems. But after I installed it, I saw that the icons were completely different....Like this...given below [ATTACH] I have checked for updates, but there are no KB..... updates, only...
  7. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  8. Start Menu icons

Start Menu icons: Why would about half of the icons in my Start Menu turn orange? System is three years old and has had no recent changes or disruptions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons/f64106f6-89fd-4529-aade-0ce2b2c443dd
  9. Start Menu Icons

Start Menu Icons: I just got my new computer. Trying to set it to my tastes. I've "unpinned from start" all the icons I don't want, and pinned the new icons I do want … and when I restart the machine, it reverts to the factory installed settings. This did not happen on my old machine. What's...
  10. Start menu icons

Start menu icons: Im having this weird issue when i make icons small on start screen, Has anyone encountered or resolved this issue. They seem to be cut in half. [img] 12116