Windows 10: Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

Discus and support Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gabriel25569, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please.
    What is happening:
    Screenshot

:)

Gabriel25569, Sep 5, 2015

2. Desktop Icons VS tiles

Are you seeing the metro style menu and not the desktop? You might be in tablet mode. Which version of windows are you using?

MikeSnyder61704, Sep 5, 2015
  3. SUGGESTION: Make Windows 10 more mobile and tablet friendly for 2 in 1 devices

It would be helpful that if Windows supported a touch environment a bit more. I think tablet mode is nice, but the apps are not finger or tablet friendly. I believe there is a way to fix this with minimum effort.

Automatic Tablet mode conversion and back:

*If you attach the tablet via USB, Dock or Bluetooth, the system will automatically turn on desktop mode. And if it is detached, then it will turn on Tablet Mode. This option should be allowed to be disabled should a user choose. If this is already
    an option, then it needs to be better available to the user.

Touch Friendly forms and Menu's in Tablet Mode:

*When the device is in tablet mode, the form frame as well as the min, max and exit buttons are fatter and larger for finger pressing.

*The menu's also have a bit more length to it and when you press a menu option, the selection list has a larger font and area to be pressed on.

As a whole, this will leave the desktop app generally still being the size it always is, but makes other things such as the form, frame, windows menu's and buttons easier to handle. It doesn't solve all the problems as this should be addressed in the software
    that a user creates(Make a desktop, mobile and Tablet mode, even for executable file apps).

Larger Start Menu in Tablet mode:

*When in tablet or mobile mode, the start button should be wider and larger in height. In fact, the entire taskbar should be.

Easier Task Manager:

*In tablet mode, using two fingers or even a whole hand and swiping down from the top of the screen to the bottom will bring up the windows Aero style task manager.

Screen Zoom and scroll in tablet mode:

*When in tablet mode, a user can not necessarily change the size of an app or zoom in on it unless it programmed in. But it should be programmed into the OS's display. This way you can zoom in on "The screen" itself, not the app. Same thing with Zooming.

Small changes with big results.

JoeyDiPerla81, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

Brink, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

1. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style - Similar Threads - Start Menu Tablet

2. W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308: Hi there, i have a Win 10 Tablet PC with active "Tablet Mode". We activated the tablet mode because we want the on screen keyboard to pop up when someone clicks into a text field in a web application. But once the tablet mode is active we have the following behaviour:...
  3. Old style start menu

Old style start menu: Is it possible to switch the current start menu back to the old style start menu ? If so, how can it be done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-style-start-menu/80ed68cc-87ea-4c18-bb6f-5bdb226476ba
  4. Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu

Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu: Win10 opens up apparently in "Tablet Mode" - but making the Settings changes in Tablet Mode do not help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-opens-in-tablet-mode-instead-of-desktop-mode/f2edf2c0-4cf1-4f9a-9988-b7bd67475aea
  5. Windows 10 tablet mode forcefully starts menu after login

Windows 10 tablet mode forcefully starts menu after login: While trying to set a default start app on windows 10 after login in tablet mode, I am facing a trouble, that it displays the start menu screen in full size launching my default app in background every time. I want the windows start my app directly in foreground in tablet...
  6. Start Menu Apps fonts style

Start Menu Apps fonts style: i have recently changed windows 10 fonts style using registry editor but start menu Apps fonts style is not changed why? suggest if any method. i want to make my PC stylish...
  7. Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10

Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10: Dear all, On my Asus UX305, I kept my Windows 8.1, because I actually like the Start Menu. I know that it is possible to have a similar setup in Windows 10, but it definitely does not look the same. Is there a way that I can edit the background of the Start Menu in...
  8. New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode): I have found, probably after a new windows update, a new start menu layout (attached) [img] In order to restore the old one i replaced the "database" folder ( in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer) but it didn't work properly. For a fast solution I tried...
  9. Disable start menu in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable start menu in tablet mode: I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over certain applications at times. Is there any way to disable it altogether or default to the desktop when no apps are open?...
  10. Want old style START MENU without tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Want old style START MENU without tiles: Hi Everyone, I did the online upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 some time back. My windows 10 start menu was still in the old style without tiles, wish I was happy about. Last week, my laptop did a lengthy windows update, and now I have tiles on my start menu. I...