Windows 10: Start menu inaccessible after latest update

Discus and support Start menu inaccessible after latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed an update last night, and I am now running Windows 10 Home, version 1903, OS Build 18362.239. The Start button now does nothing. I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LauraR5, Jul 26, 2019.

1. LauraR5 Win User

Start menu inaccessible after latest update

I installed an update last night, and I am now running Windows 10 Home, version 1903, OS Build 18362.239. The Start button now does nothing. I always used that access to turn my computer off. How do I fix it? Troubleshooting didn't fix it.

:)

LauraR5, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

start menu becomes inaccessible in Windows 10

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for updates.

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check the issue status in the new user account. This would help us to analyze the issue to find the cause and resolution. If the new account works fine for you, add your Microsoft credentials
    to it and use it as your Microsoft account.

Follow the steps below and check if Start Menu works.

• Press “Windows Key + R

• Type “netplwiz

• Select "user must enter user name and password to use this computer".

• Click on Add and follow onscreen instructions to create a new Microsoft Account.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Start menu and action center is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Start menu?

• Are you not able to open Start menu?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Start menu inaccessible after latest update - Similar Threads - Start menu inaccessible

2. Start menu inaccessible

in Cortana
    Start menu inaccessible: Hi,So for a while now I am unable to access the windows start menu. If I click the mouses left button on it, nothing happens. If I click the windows button on my keyboard, nothing happens.The only thing I am able to do is to right click on the start button to gain access to...
  3. Latest Win10 Update Changed Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Win10 Update Changed Start Menu Icons: The latest Windows 10 update 2021-03-09 has changed the Start menu icons. I have had custom black icons .ico on a medium grey backgound for years and now, with this latest update, these icons, which are still the custom black icons beside the folders on my C-Drive, are...
  4. Inaccessible boot drive after latest update fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible boot drive after latest update fails: (Windows 10 pro)I started getting the BSOD inaccessible boot drive, so I googled it and most of the answers talked about an update a few years ago that caused it, but nothing recent. I tried a bunch of recovery options and using system restore to go back before the latest...
  5. Windows not starting after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not starting after latest update: So recently my laptop prompted to restart to complete the updates, which I did but after that my windows is not starting or the repair tool is able to fix it. I would share this log file but it won't even boot in safe mode. I've unplugged the external mouse and keyboard as...
  6. Windows Start Menu Search bar blank and inaccessible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Menu Search bar blank and inaccessible?: A lot of times when I invoke the start menu(by hitting the windows key on the keyboard) and I want to type something to search I find this issue and I need to close the menu and open it again, How can I fix this? windows version 1903, the build 18362.476 [img] 144722
  7. Unable to search from start menu after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to search from start menu after latest update: I updated windows 2 days ago, and now when I press flag and start typing nothing happens. just stays blank. [img] 139868
  8. No start menu after latest Windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No start menu after latest Windows upgrade: Dear Microsoft, After my Laptop (Toshiba Kirabook) updates itself with the latest Windows upgrade the system logging in extremely slow (5 minutes) and have no start menu. Once the PC logged in and running there are no performance issues just the missing start menu (and the...
  9. Start Menu not working after latest forced reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not working after latest forced reboot.: My machine reboot last night, likely due to an update that got pushed out, and now I can no longer click on the start menu. Windows key does not pull it up either. Also, the volume button in the bottom right of the screen, I cannot click on that either. I can right click on...
  10. After latest win UD lost Edge and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    After latest win UD lost Edge and Start Menu: Folks, My laptop has lost MS EDGE and the start menu. This started after the latest Win updates on 14-Dec. Should I try to restore to an earlier date? or maybe remove the update? Please advise Roger*Huh 72558