Windows 10: Start menu inaccessible

Discus and support Start menu inaccessible in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi,So for a while now I am unable to access the windows start menu. If I click the mouses left button on it, nothing happens. If I click the windows... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by bigbillybagel, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Start menu inaccessible

Hi,So for a while now I am unable to access the windows start menu. If I click the mouses left button on it, nothing happens. If I click the windows button on my keyboard, nothing happens.The only thing I am able to do is to right click on the start button to gain access to the 3 options of "apps + features", "shut down or sign out" or power options.The search bar doesn't work either, as I am unable to type anything into it. I have tried various things on the taskbar to try to make things work to no avail and have done Windows updates to see if that helped but nothing has.Does anyone have a

:)

bigbillybagel, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

start menu becomes inaccessible in Windows 10

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for updates.

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check the issue status in the new user account. This would help us to analyze the issue to find the cause and resolution. If the new account works fine for you, add your Microsoft credentials
    to it and use it as your Microsoft account.

Follow the steps below and check if Start Menu works.

• Press “Windows Key + R

• Type “netplwiz

• Select "user must enter user name and password to use this computer".

• Click on Add and follow onscreen instructions to create a new Microsoft Account.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Start menu inaccessible

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Start menu inaccessible

1. Start menu inaccessible - Similar Threads - Start menu inaccessible

2. [URGENT] There's no Windows Task Bar and Start Menu inaccessible Through keyboard, Only App...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [URGENT] There's no Windows Task Bar and Start Menu inaccessible Through keyboard, Only App...: Hi My name is JhonI have recently Installed Windows 11 Pro On one of my Machines which was Ryzen 3 2200G and is Incompatible with Windows 11 Pro so i did:Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetupName: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPUType: REG_DWORDValue: 1to...
  3. [URGENT] There's no Windows Task Bar and Start Menu inaccessible Through keyboard, Only App...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [URGENT] There's no Windows Task Bar and Start Menu inaccessible Through keyboard, Only App...: Hi My name is JhonI have recently Installed Windows 11 Pro On one of my Machines which was Ryzen 3 2200G and is Incompatible with Windows 11 Pro so i did:Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetupName: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPUType: REG_DWORDValue: 1to...
  4. Start Menu No Start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu No Start: When I select my Start Menu, I receive a critical error message. I uninstalled the last Windows update but that didn't solve the problem. submitted by /u/HalfFoods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq6m3a/start_menu_no_start/
  5. Windows Start Menu Search bar blank and inaccessible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Menu Search bar blank and inaccessible?: A lot of times when I invoke the start menu(by hitting the windows key on the keyboard) and I want to type something to search I find this issue and I need to close the menu and open it again, How can I fix this? windows version 1903, the build 18362.476 [img] 144722
  6. start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu: Hi...how can i disable this recent item?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/4619b729-aa89-4db7-b505-e8d3bdb36d3a
  7. Start menu inaccessible after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu inaccessible after latest update: I installed an update last night, and I am now running Windows 10 Home, version 1903, OS Build 18362.239. The Start button now does nothing. I always used that access to turn my computer off. How do I fix it? Troubleshooting didn't fix it....
  8. Start Menu

Start Menu: Since upgrading to Window 10 build 18898, My start menu has changed. I have the ability to show tiles and a full screen of apps. What I am missing is the left side that shows my apps and you have to scroll to see them all. Also when viewing full tile or full app screen my...
  9. Start menu

Start menu: Besides Start10 by Stardock(my Norton av sees this one as malicious) what other options are there? I just do not like the win 10 start menu look. 112780
  10. Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu: All of a sudden the start menu doesn't open when I click on it. That's that square with 4 squares inside the square on the bottom left corner and I can't type in the "Search the web and Windows" box next to it. Also the speaker icon on the right bottom corner won't open too...