Windows 10: Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text

Discus and support Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Thousands of people including me have this ms-resource:AppName/Text item on the start menu since upgrading to win 10 version 1903. I have it on one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ukheather, Aug 21, 2019.

1. ukheather Win User

Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text

Thousands of people including me have this ms-resource:AppName/Text item on the start menu since upgrading to win 10 version 1903.

I have it on one laptop and not on the other, both updated via windows update.

Are Microsoft working on fixing this? Yes I have reported it via feedback hub as have lots of others. There are tons of posts on here and the internet about it since the end of last year yet no fix from Microsfot as yet?

People have posted scripts and workarounds but I am waiting for a proper Microsoft fix. Can someone tell me if they are working on it as it clearly has been reported numerous times so it is not like Microsoft aren't aware..

:)

ukheather, Aug 21, 2019
  2. dm33tri Win User

Phantom app in start menu

In the start menu I have item named @{Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_10.0.10586.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy?ms-resource://Microsoft.WindowsFeedback/FeedbackApp.Resources/Appname/Text} which can not be deleted nor launched.

App is not on the get-appxpackage's list also. How do I get rid of it?

dm33tri, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Phant0m`` Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu, DEAD, INVALID shortcut under ' Other ' category.

I have a frustration, with Windows 10 Start Menu.

Before I go into details... I'm asking to please refrain from posting if the only solutions offered are those asking to try SFC and DISM utilities, Reset PC, and create another Windows User Account Profile.

There exists under the ' Other ' category at the bottom of the Start Menu listing. Dead, invalid shortcut that belonged to the older version of Windows Feedback store-app. I've had the latest Feedback app since it was released, version 1.3.1741.0
    since July sometime.

I never noticed this anomaly until just today, I'm thinking the two Windows updates that came in recently, one of these must have forced an Start Menu refresh.

This dead, invalid shortcut under the ' Other ' category at the bottom of the Start Menu list, shows as followed;

@{Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_10.0.10586.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txewy?ms-resource://Microsoft.WindowsFeedback/FeedbackApp.Resources/AppName/Text}

There's a Start Menu Troubleshooter for Windows 10, this doesn't recognize this type of issue.

I'm aware of where the problem lies, and no means to address this. Is there means offered to correct this issue? Thanks in advanced.

Phant0m``, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text

mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Hi Watson,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would suggest you to follow the below step and let us know if that helps you.

Check for the mutant file "ms-resource:AppName/Text".
    and delete it from the below location.

• C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text

1. Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text - Similar Threads - Start menu invalid

2. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  3. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  4. Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?: I just got my new laptop with windows 10 set up 2 days ago..... and this issue appeared.... is this normal anyway? and how can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-resource-applistname-is-showing-on-my-start/548e87f6-07a5-457d-9cb9-daf7ffbfe3c2
  5. Start Menu Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Text: How do I restore the text in my Start menu when it disappeared after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-text/e070086c-126a-44c1-9fea-35a67ac46e7f
  6. Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu: Hi All ! I am using Windows 10 Pro v1903 Build 18362.175 I have in my Start menu, 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared at the bottom of the menu in the "Others" section. (see my screenshot, in French *Party) and it does not correspond to anything. No errors with SFC or...
  7. add items in menu Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  8. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  9. Corrupted text on some menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted text on some menu items: Hi, I have a laptop, HP Pavillion 15, Windows 10 64 Home version 1607, build 14393.82. I have recently noticed that whilst browsing my PC and using programs, some menu text is becoming obscured by coloured or black boxes, which clears after a reboot, but can reappear...
  10. Blank start menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank start menu items: See picture. For some reason many icons have no picture and are left blank. Any idea how to fix this? [img] 23700

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms resource appname text start menu