Windows 10: Start Menu is completely empty.

Discus and support Start Menu is completely empty. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a while now my start menu has been completely empty I tried DISM and SFC tools but they didn't do anything. I also tried restarting windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TarekBeenBallin, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Start Menu is completely empty.

For a while now my start menu has been completely empty

I tried DISM and SFC tools but they didn't do anything.

I also tried restarting windows explorer and I tried restarting my laptop ALOT.

The Task Menu is fine and nothing is wrong with it, the only problem is that the start menu is empty as shown in the screenshot.
    Start Menu is completely empty. ed251f6f-af06-45f8-afdb-3631a4c19e77?upload=true.png

:)

TarekBeenBallin, Apr 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Start menu and action center is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Start menu?

• Are you not able to open Start menu?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Start Menu is completely empty.

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Start Menu is completely empty.

1. Start Menu is completely empty. - Similar Threads - Start Menu completely

2. Start menu not working and task bar empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not working and task bar empty: i updated my drivers and windows then my start menu and task bar stopped working. iv tried almost everything that's on the internet, but it doesn't look like the start menu is not even running in task manager....
  3. Start menu not working and task bar empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not working and task bar empty: i updated my drivers and windows then my start menu and task bar stopped working. iv tried almost everything that's on the internet, but it doesn't look like the start menu is not even running in task manager....
  4. Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu

in Browsers and Email
    Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu: Good morning. Since I updated to the latest Build 928 I disappeared the I Edge icon, I tried to restore the link to the Start menu even if you consider the "Add to Start" operation I get the same problem. I restored the image of the Build .867 Everything ok, when I upgrade to...
  5. Another User: Taskbar Empty, Apps/Start Menu Not Starting

in Windows 10 Support
    Another User: Taskbar Empty, Apps/Start Menu Not Starting: Hello, So I recently updated my computer to 20H2 (W10 Pro 19042.630). Also, I removed the video card (GTX 670) and blew out dust from inside the case. Long story short. What's not happening is that when I login to any account, that account loads just fine. But when I attempt...
  6. Totally empty Start Menu in panel mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Totally empty Start Menu in panel mode: Hello All, I have encountered this strange behavior with my start menu. While in full screen mode all works fine, but in panel classic mode it does not show anything. Only power button, but when the task bar is on the bottom of the screen as my default, its not even there....
  7. Windows start menu is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start menu is empty: Some time ago I suddenly lost all menu tiles. I can create new tiles but all previous tiles are gone. I've created new ones for the programs I frequently use but nothing for those programs I seldom use. Does anyone know what caused this? Years ago before I retired I seem to...
  8. Empty menu start

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty menu start: Hello, since I remember i had problem with menu start on W10 - before format and now. after format I didn't seen problem untill i istalled uTorrent. I uninstalled it, restarted PC and it still looks like that. That's how it looks: [img] Unfortunately i forgot to set...
  9. Start Menu > Power Submenu is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu > Power Submenu is empty: Hello! I am new here, but I have a problem that I can't seem to find the answer to. Here is an image of what I am experiencing. [img] Has anyone come across this and found a solution? I'm running Window 10 Home Edition on an MSI CX61 Laptop. Thank you! 40632
  10. Is it possible to completely disable the start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to completely disable the start menu?: I'm using an old laptop as a Kodi Media Center and I have it set to automatically login and boot kodi on startup and wake from sleep, so what I'm wanting to do is add all shortcuts I need to the desktop and completely disable the start menu. Not sure if this is possible, but...