Windows 10: Start menu is constantly tabbing up

Discus and support Start menu is constantly tabbing up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is hard to describe, but when I open the start menu the interface is constantly going back, it appears from the bottom up, like I was holding down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nathan454, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Nathan454 Win User

Start menu is constantly tabbing up

This is hard to describe, but when I open the start menu the interface is constantly going back, it appears from the bottom up, like I was holding down the tab key in reverse, this makes it impossible to actually start any app I don't already have a shortcut for. It seems to be related somehow to my mouse, For example in my photos app, the mouse curser is moving nonstop but if I disable the mouse and try just using the touch pad, the same thing happens. I can't even get into control panel anything I type into the computer is immediately overridden by the tabbing effect. The mouse seems

:)

Nathan454, Sep 6, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Sep 6, 2021
  3. "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" has no "Start Menu" tab

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would like to inform you that there is no option “start menu” in the taskbar settings. Now it is replaced in settings tab as below.

• In the search box type settings.
    • Click on personalization and click on start option.
    • Then you have the options.
    Also I suggest you to provide us a feedback using the feedback app.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 6, 2021
  4. Robyn Win User

"Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??

Okay, folks. Same disfunction, different problem.
    1. Below are three screen shots -- Win 10, 8.1 & 7 Note the variances in tabs and options. [Sorry if pngs too small, don't think I can enlarge]
    2. My problem -- I want to disable the "recent" list option for all jump lists. E.g., Word -- don't want to see recent items when I hit the Word icon on the taskbar.
    3. So, where is the disable recent lists option that has been around forever?????

Start menu is constantly tabbing up [​IMG]

Robyn, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Start menu is constantly tabbing up - Similar Threads - Start menu constantly

2. Start up menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up menu: For some reason my start button in the bottom left corner is not working, hasn't worked for awhile now. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu/5bc69178-25dc-4106-be97-cdd9df310fa0
  3. Start up menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up menu: For some reason my start button in the bottom left corner is not working, hasn't worked for awhile now. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu/5bc69178-25dc-4106-be97-cdd9df310fa0
  4. Help: Start Menu, Explorer and everything else constantly scrolling up/right.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Start Menu, Explorer and everything else constantly scrolling up/right.: Hey there. Recently build a PC and windows 10 is driving me mad. It doesn't do it all the time, but 9/10, whenever i want to do anything in windows it's made near impossible due to the start bar, windows explorer and everything else constantly scrolling up and right, and...
  5. Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.: When I right click on the taskbar or when I try to use the start menu, it continuously scrolls upward, as if the 'up' arrow is being held down. But it doesn't do it on websites or in programs, only in the windows functions. Even if the keyboard is unplugged. It just...
  6. clean up start menu

clean up start menu: My start menu is filled with links to applications I never use, like Map, Camera, Mixed Reality Portal, etc. I've looked in the file structure %appdata%/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu but I can't find any actual shortcuts for these apps. Are there a way to clean up the start...
  7. Start menu not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu not showing up: Neither this or searching menu don't show up help submitted by /u/Kamiks0320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0o9xv/start_menu_not_showing_up/
  8. No thumbnails in start menu on start-up

No thumbnails in start menu on start-up: Since the April update (the latest one didn’t brick my PC, for a change), most of the thumbnails in my Start menu have vanished when the computer starts up. I know how to reset thumbnails, and that is the solution, but what is the reason for Windows not loading thumbnails...
  9. Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing: Right click empty part of taskbar, go to "properties". I have 3 tabs. Taskbar, navigation, and toolbars. According to several sites I have read, I should also have a "start menu" tab with a "customization" button to change some things on the left side of the start menu, and...
  10. "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??

in Windows 10 Support
    "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??: Here's a screenshot of "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" dialog from a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 [img] As you can see, despite its name, it does not have a tab for "Start Menu". I remember that Preview versions of Windows 10 had a "Start Menu" tab. Did...