Windows 10: Start menu is gone

Discus and support Start menu is gone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gatorsrus, Sep 19, 2018.

1. gatorsrus Win User

Start menu is gone

Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working?

:)

gatorsrus, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Start menu is gone

Windows Start Menu will not function properly. Cortana and Edge are gone from my main page

Hello,

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below article?
    I suggest you to run the Start menu troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Reply us back with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Start menu is gone

1. Start menu is gone - Similar Threads - Start menu gone

2. Start Menu Shortcuts Gone - AGAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Shortcuts Gone - AGAIN: Hi.All my start menu shortcuts have disappeared for what must be the third time this year.When I click Start, I see nothing but the default "Productivity" selection.I'd very much appreciate, rather than 5 different kudos-seeking opinions of what MIGHT be wrong, if anyone can...
  3. Start Menu Shortcuts Gone - AGAIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Shortcuts Gone - AGAIN: Hi.All my start menu shortcuts have disappeared for what must be the third time this year.When I click Start, I see nothing but the default "Productivity" selection.I'd very much appreciate, rather than 5 different kudos-seeking opinions of what MIGHT be wrong, if anyone can...
  4. Start menu web search preview gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu web search preview gone: Hey, everybody! A couple days ago I was able to preview a web search from the start menu. If I typed "translate" I could have also typed in the google translte something and translate it from there. Or make certain operations like 777/12 and the answer would've popped in the...
  5. windows start menu gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows start menu gone: how can i download a windows 10 start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-gone/55fa09ed-190f-439e-804f-4a47a959971f
  6. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu gone: After upgrading it appears that my Start Menu is no longer displaying. Any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/a2f9827e-679b-4bd8-9122-1e4ed74e59d4
  7. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu gone: Two of our Windows 10 computers have suddenly lost their start menus, and now Word documents can't be opened. What to do? Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/4f701a57-d981-4243-8e01-5874ecfd005e
  8. Start Menu Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Gone: I want to start using my start menu, but I don't remember how to add icons back. I tried to just drag them but that doesn't work. Also, they just all disappeared randomly. Not sure why. Screenshot 33575
  9. Start menu gone, taskbar irresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu gone, taskbar irresponsive: Three weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. Everything went well and I was a happy camper until two days ago. Suddenly the start menu was gone. The icon is still there but when I click on it, it opens the start menu for a split second and then it's...
  10. Start menu icons gone for some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons gone for some programs: yo! All of a sudden the battle.net, chrome and evernote lost it's icons but they still work. how, why? 38027