Windows 10: Start Menu is Not Working at all 12-16-18

Discus and support Start Menu is Not Working at all 12-16-18 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The START menu is not showing up at all. Nothing happens when you hit the WINDOWS START button either with the mouse on the screen or the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillStevens4, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Start Menu is Not Working at all 12-16-18

The START menu is not showing up at all. Nothing happens when you hit the WINDOWS START button either with the mouse on the screen or the keyboard WINDOWS button.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE.

1. Everything is up to date. Windows is fully updated.

2. I checked the tablet settings and tried multiple options there. Nothing is working.

3. It is in desktop mode - not tablet mode (I tried both) and the START menu is not showing up at all.

COMPUTER: MS SURFACE PRO 4 with Windows 10

:)

BillStevens4, Dec 16, 2018

2. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Critical Error: Start menu and Cortnana aren't working!

Hi Ron,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• What is the exact issue you are facing with?

• Are you facing issues with start menu and Cortana?
    If you are facing issues with start menu and cortana, I would suggest you to follow the steps provided by me on August 16, 2015. You can copy each PowerShell command and press enter on the command prompt.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. we will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Start Menu is Not Working at all 12-16-18

Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu is Not Working at all 12-16-18

1. Start Menu is Not Working at all 12-16-18 - Similar Threads - Start Menu Working

2. BSOD with WHEA Event 16 & 18 !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with WHEA Event 16 & 18 !!: I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR aswell as these in the Event Viewer. Event 46 happens everytime I BSOD, but Event 18 only happened once!Event 46, WHEA-LoggerA fatal hardware error has occurred.Component: MemoryError Source: Machine Check ExceptionThe details view of...
  3. BSOD with WHEA Event 16 & 18 !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with WHEA Event 16 & 18 !!: I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR aswell as these in the Event Viewer. Event 46 happens everytime I BSOD, but Event 18 only happened once!Event 46, WHEA-LoggerA fatal hardware error has occurred.Component: MemoryError Source: Machine Check ExceptionThe details view of...
  4. Start menu transparency not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu transparency not working at all: My start menu transparency isn't workingBelow is my taskbar, which is translucent as it should be.I messed around with Windows colors and themes in the registry editor before noticing my start menu transparency isn't working. I reset Windows theme to the default blue black...
  5. Start menu transparency not working at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu transparency not working at all: My start menu transparency isn't workingBelow is my taskbar, which is translucent as it should be.I messed around with Windows colors and themes in the registry editor before noticing my start menu transparency isn't working. I reset Windows theme to the default blue black...
  6. Start menu transparency not working at all

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Start Menu Transparency is not working at all

Start Menu Transparency is not working at all: For some reason when I enable transparency effects the start menu doesn't get effected unless it's full screenNeed help with this cause I want to match it with my taskbar...
  8. windows update 11/16/18, now nothing works

windows update 11/16/18, now nothing works: After the update the system powers on and brings me to the sign on screen which has my name. I sign on and the screen is black and no desktop only the recycle bin. The menu is on the bottom but none of the keys work. It has the correct date and time. How do I get out of this...
  9. Start menu not working at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not working at all: So, I have finally got windows 10 installed and working when the start menu stops working. This would not be an issue because I installed windows classic shell right after except for the fact that I can't right click anything in the taskbar. I can right click the taskbar...
  10. 4/18/16 Partially down

in Windows 10 Support
    4/18/16 Partially down: Running newly installed Windows 10. System was partially down with Chrome and File Explorer not working. Could not access exterior drive from File Explorer. Ran Malwarebytes and Anti Virus. No problem. Could access Firefox and Internet Explorer. Saw one Error message *Windows...