Windows 10: Start menu is showing normal shut down options, but also an option to update and restart,...

Discus and support Start menu is showing normal shut down options, but also an option to update and restart,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It's basically like the subject line says. Last night when I was hopping off to go to bed I noticed the little yellow circle stating there was an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dinoman9877, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Start menu is showing normal shut down options, but also an option to update and restart,...

It's basically like the subject line says. Last night when I was hopping off to go to bed I noticed the little yellow circle stating there was an update on the power button in the start menu.

But when I clicked it, the options for sleep, shut down, and restart were all still there.

But between shut down and restart was the option to update and restart. However, there's no option at all to update and then shut down.

Now unless something has changed, I'm pretty used to you being strung along to do an update by having the update then shut down or update then restart options available only. But only having one show up with the option to forego it is not only weird to me but it's a little worrying. Should I be concerned about a security risk, is this something trying to pose as an update?

Start menu is showing normal shut down options, but also an option to update and restart,... fd2679b6-a825-41d9-bdaa-2a0a12bcdc0f?upload=true.png

:)

dinoman9877, Oct 9, 2020

2. "Restart Options - Schedule a Time..." is not working

You can do hibernate your machine to update it later. On such phase, it cannot be shut down without updating.

bobmaria57, Oct 9, 2020
  3. jk22 Win User
    switch user option on power option list or on start menu list

Can I use switch user option on power option list or on start menu list ?

jk22, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Start menu is showing normal shut down options, but also an option to update and restart,...

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Start menu is showing normal shut down options, but also an option to update and restart,...

1. Start menu is showing normal shut down options, but also an option to update and restart,... - Similar Threads - Start menu showing

2. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  3. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  4. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  5. PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option: Basically title. I have had this issue forever.After installing updates I can choose between Update and Restart and Update and SHut down.But if I choose "update and shut down", the PC will install updates, then restart, install rest of the updates and be back to log-in...
  6. Power button at start up menu no longer gives option to shut down, restart, etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button at start up menu no longer gives option to shut down, restart, etc.: Pressing it does not do anything anymore. Please help. submitted by /u/Chleifrei [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxz5jj/power_button_at_start_up_menu_no_longer_gives/
  7. No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.: I have a newly installed OS on a Desktop. There is no Sleep option in the Shut Down menu. I have run two .reg files [from Ten Forums] which said they were successfully, and checked that everything was OK in Device Manager [as recommended by a post here in Ten Forums]. Has...
  8. shut down option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shut down option: In the menu only 2 options namely 1 shut down and 2 restart are available. the other option " sleep " not available. how to get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-option/d834faea-1d65-494f-b981-cc7faa1c60e4
  9. everlasting "Update and shut down" option

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    everlasting "Update and shut down" option: Every time i want to power off my pc, instead the normal and usual "Shut down" option I get the typical "Update and shut down" which i guess is normal if you are in the middle of an update process, but it doesn't matter how many times I restart / shut down, the "Update and...
  10. Shut down options after updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down options after updates: [img] I went to shut down my PC last night, after I have downloaded updates via Windows Update, and the shutdown menu came up with both Shutdown and Update and Shutdown. When I shut it down that night, I just clicked shutdown, but it is still here now. I don't want to click...