Windows 10: start Menu isn't working

Discus and support start Menu isn't working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday i joined windows insider program, and started updating windows.now I am getting "start menu isn't working", all the application on my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jatin Singh_05, Jul 16, 2021.

1. start Menu isn't working

Yesterday i joined windows insider program, and started updating windows.now I am getting "start menu isn't working", all the application on my pc stopped working. in order to uninstall application i needed my local admin password which i don't have and i cannot get it from setting as setting is not working. also not able to create recovery flash drive. so please help how can i start my setting or start menu or reset the password without losing my data.i know the pin to login the local account but do not know the password .

:)

Jatin Singh_05, Jul 16, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Jul 16, 2021
  4. start Menu isn't working

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

start Menu isn't working

1. start Menu isn't working - Similar Threads - start Menu isn't

2. Start menu isn't working [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu isn't working [SOLVED]: Hello there, after some events my start menu is not working anymore, here is the full story of what happened:I loaded from usb stick to another copy of windows, tried to access my user folder on main drive i needed to copy a file but i failed to do so. After that i loaded...
  3. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu isn't working: Hello there, after some events my start menu is not working anymore, here is the full story of what happened:I loaded from usb stick to another copy of windows, tried to access my user folder on main drive i needed to copy a file but i failed to do so. After that i loaded...
  4. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu isn't working: Hello there, after some events my start menu is not working anymore, here is the full story of what happened:I loaded from usb stick to another copy of windows, tried to access my user folder on main drive i needed to copy a file but i failed to do so. After that i loaded...
  5. Start menu isn't working

6. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu isn't working: My Start menu isn't working. Critical Error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-isnt-working/153fe558-efe9-4b58-b45d-8b81702ca510
  7. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu isn't working: My Start menu isn't working. Critical Error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-isnt-working/153fe558-efe9-4b58-b45d-8b81702ca510
  8. Start menu isn't working

9. Critical Error, Start menu isn't working.

Critical Error, Start menu isn't working.: I have had this problem for around two days now and I have been searching the internet for ways to fix this issue, let me break down my situation. I built this computer on Christmas in 2020, I couldn't afford to buy the license for the official Windows 10 edition so I used...
  10. Start menu isn't working

Start menu isn't working: My start menu isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-isnt-working/5548c8fb-b35b-4c1d-9065-e711c0db8373