Windows 10: Start menu issues after updating Windows 10

Discus and support Start menu issues after updating Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a notification for updates on my pc. I updated and restarted my pc however since that time the start menu and all system functions from tool bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RonDAVIDSON3, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Start menu issues after updating Windows 10

I had a notification for updates on my pc. I updated and restarted my pc however since that time the start menu and all system functions from tool bar stopped working. I can use the pinned apps for browser and other stuff. If I right click on the start menu I can restart pc but anything else will not open so I cannot access settings at all. I have tried the powershell sfc /scannow solution but found no errors. I found another blog post about running an windows reboot through powershell completed and restarted but still not working. I cannot access the settings for any other options I see in related questions to start menu not working solutions. Please help

:)

RonDAVIDSON3, Oct 23, 2020
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Start menu issues after updating Windows 10

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Start menu issues after updating Windows 10

1. Start menu issues after updating Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start menu issues

2. Issues with Start Menu after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Start Menu after sleep: I am having an issue where the computer goes into sleep mode, when it comes up, I can't access things on my start menu. For example, I click the power button to restart, it shows the options, but doesn't highlight when you mouse over it. Another issue is that Outlook doesn't...
  3. Issues with Start Menu after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Start Menu after sleep: I am having an issue where the computer goes into sleep mode, when it comes up, I can't access things on my start menu. For example, I click the power button to restart, it shows the options, but doesn't highlight when you mouse over it. Another issue is that Outlook doesn't...
  4. Issues with Windows 10 Start menu & settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Windows 10 Start menu & settings: Yesterday I started having issues with my windows start menu and settings. I tried several things to fix both issues, but none of the sollutions on here seem to work for me including a driver udpate.When I click the windows icon/press the windows button, the start menu...
  5. Issues with Windows 10 Start menu & settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows 10 Start menu & settings: Yesterday I started having issues with my windows start menu and settings. I tried several things to fix both issues, but none of the sollutions on here seem to work for me including a driver udpate.When I click the windows icon/press the windows button, the start menu...
  6. Windows 10 Home Start Menu Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Start Menu Issue: Greetings Community,Is anyone else experiencing start menu issues since recent windows updates, where when clicking on any start menu tile, the start menu remains open. Before a recent Windows update, don't know which update exactly the start menu was closing just fine when...
  7. Start menu not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu not working after Windows update: Okay, I know this issue has existed already but my Start menu stopped working after last night's update. My apps for work (Slack, Zoom) and Chrome are fine but I couldn't view the volume icons as well and everything in the task bar. I also got an error message when I attempt...
  8. 2004 update Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update Start menu issue: Since updating to ver 2004, my start menu crashes when i select anything other then the pinned shortcuts. I have also noticed that the Win+v clipboard history tool no longer works, as well as the ablity to hit the Win key and start typing to search for something, it only...
  9. Update 1903 Start Menu Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update 1903 Start Menu Issue: My computer updated automatically from Win 10 1803 to 1903 on 8/5/19. The first issue I found was a Onedrive app icon in the start menu that was not there prior to the update, I delete the desktop app long ago. When clicking the icon nothing happens, when right clicking the...
  10. Windows 10 Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start menu issue: Hi all! I have the following problem: My Start button is not working. I have tried for some time to fix it with the help of Dr. Google, but so far I had no luck. I have tried the following solutions except resetting the system or rolling back to a backup (stupid me forgot...