Start menu issues!

Discus and support Start menu issues! in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I had this problem before when I did an upgrade from previous version to 10074. I did a clean install of 10074 this time and its been doing good for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jscarano, May 19, 2015.

1. jscarano Win User

I had this problem before when I did an upgrade from previous version to 10074. I did a clean install of 10074 this time and its been doing good for past few weeks. All of a sudden when I click on the start menu button it doesnt do a damn thing. Anyone know a fix?? thanks

:)

jscarano, May 19, 2015
  2. start menu not working Win User

My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, May 19, 2015
  3. Josh-Porg Win User
    Issues with Start Menu

Hi!

Thanks for your initial response. Unfortunately, I am unable to create a new profile as I cannot access the start menu. Is there a way to repair the system files? Thank you!

Josh-Porg, May 19, 2015
  4. Bleiz Win User

Start menu issues!

I don't know what's causing it, but you can go on Task Manager and right click on Windows Explorer and click restart.

Start should work for you now.

Bleiz, May 19, 2015
  5. jscarano Win User
    I open up task manager and its just white and empty . It just sits there and then says not responding?!?!. I never changed anything. Just rebooted because I couldn't open My Computer to open a file. I can open chrome just fine though surprisingly.

jscarano, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start menu issues!

Start menu issues! - Similar Threads - Start menu issues

1. Tried to fix start menu issue, lost profile, had to use system restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried to fix start menu issue, lost profile, had to use system restore: There are countless posts on here about fixing the problem of the Win10 start menu disappearing (that is, left-click the start button and nothing happens). My wife got her ASUS laptop in early September, and some time - a month or two maybe; it's her computer, but it was...
  2. Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning: Hello. This issue just started yesterday and I have done everything I could think of to solve it with no luck. After several hours of trouble shooting, I did narrow down the issue, but can't make sense of it. I have windows 10 pro and have updated all the drivers to the most...
  3. start menu issues

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu issues: i have windows 10, all of a sudden I cant delete or unpin any tiles in the menu. I cant even resize them, when I right click on them the options pop up for a milli second and then gone, I reinstalled windows, Kaspersky, but still the issue remains. I eventually did a...
  4. Start Menu Slight Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Slight Issue: Has anyone else had an issue with start menu where you search for a particular program that runs when you click it but the sidebar of the start menu stays open? It doesn't do it all the time but its a bit of a bug bare really. I've had a look online and similar issues seem to...
  5. Is this an update issue? Cannot search in windows start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this an update issue? Cannot search in windows start menu: I cannot use cortana or most importantly search on the windows start box. I cant open edge browser or weather and my location changed to washington dc. Im posting here because the deathly similar report written on this page over a year ago but for windows 8: Windows 10...
  6. Nvidia Rushes Out New Driver Version to Address Win10 Start Menu Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Nvidia Rushes Out New Driver Version to Address Win10 Start Menu Issue: Nvidia rushes out Hotfix due to broken Windows 10 Start menu, apps with 375.57 driver It doesn't always pay to be on the cutting edge with hardware and drivers these days, sadly, as is becoming more and more evident. QA (or Quality Assurance) leaves a lot to be desired...
  7. Start Menu Issues (Again!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Issues (Again!): So, I upgraded to creators update on my office computer, for which I am an administrator. It's a domain connected computer, with folder redirection and a roaming profile. I use Fences from Stardock on my desktop. I have no AV connected. After the update, I noticed that...
Start menu issues! solved