Windows 10: Start menu issues

Discus and support Start menu issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I run after some problems in the start menu after updating to Windows 10 version 2004, I have executed startmenu Troubleshooting tool from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kentsfield, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Start menu issues

Hi I run after some problems in the start menu after updating to Windows 10 version 2004, I have executed startmenu Troubleshooting tool from Microsoft , and the result is that I have these 2 errors. that the tool cannot solve by itself

please, someone with experience in problems with the start menu knows what would be the best solution for these 2 problems. overall the issue Tile database is corrupt .

Please, someone with experience in problems with the start menu knows what would be the best solution for these 2 problems. especially if someone has had any of these 2 problems and has been able to solve it in some way. , without having to resort to resetting the system

Thank you

Start menu issues 2f0ba11c-8a0a-40a2-9ab1-e308ff08af71?upload=true.jpg

Start menu issues 69596d3b-2073-421b-9ede-54b98978f9cf?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kentsfield, Aug 4, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Start menu issues

Windows Start issue

Try this:

Right click on your start menu, and click on System:

Start menu issues [​IMG]

When the system window comes up, click on Advanced System Settings:

Start menu issues [​IMG]

There, click on Startup and Recovery:

Start menu issues [​IMG]

Then in the top menu you will have a choice of OSs. Select the one you want to boot to defaultly and uncheck the box for "Time to display list of operating systems."

Start menu issues [​IMG]

That should make it boot into Windows 10 without your intervention.

ArazelEternal, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Start menu issues

1. Start menu issues - Similar Threads - Start menu issues

2. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu issue: Start menu shows only half of the apps. It is the upper part but no apps or anything in the another half. I cant find my other apps and sometimes it will close automatically in my Windows 10. I have not encounter this kind of issue before and I need help. Restarting wont...
  3. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu issue: Start menu shows only half of the apps. It is the upper part but no apps or anything in the another half. I cant find my other apps and sometimes it will close automatically in my Windows 10. I have not encounter this kind of issue before and I need help. Restarting wont...
  4. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu issue: [ATTACH] So, I reinstalled Windows 10 again, and the tiles are the same color as the Windows color, not the accent color. For example, accent is blue, the tiles are not blue....
  5. An Issue of Start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    An Issue of Start menu.: Somedays ago I was unable to open my PC it showed recovery error, so I clean installed Windows 10. I installed it where it was installed before I formatted it and installed it. It seems to solve the problem of startup. But when I turned it on Softwares like Chrome, Adobe...
  6. Start Menu Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Issue: Good Day. My Start Menu Refused To Show Upon System Startup. So I've Restarted The System To See If That Would Solve The Problem. The Start Menu Is Back But All My Program Tiles Are Missing. The Only Indication It Has Given Is Blank Tiles Of Everything Inside The Start Menu...
  7. Start Menu Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Issues: I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 and have been installing my programs, however some of them do show up in the "All Apps" menu until I signout and sign back in again. This is also the case when I try to pin or unpin items to the start menu. Has anyone else...
  8. Start Menu issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu issue: With the latest update, my start menu changed. Before the apps along the left side menu were under a Title tag "All Apps" but now all the apps are list under alphabet headings. Is there a way to reset the left menu to use the "All Apps" tag? I like the cleaner look. Rod 60273
  9. Start Menu Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Issue.: Hi, I have been searching for a solution for this issue. I have checked on the Ten Forums, google, and asked friends. No on seems to have the answer unless I am not using the right keywords. I have updated to 10 from 8.1 as well as clean install. Each time this issues comes...
  10. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu issue: I upgraded from Windows 7 Home. Somewhere along the line a Windows 8 start menu icon ended up on my desktop. I thought I would click on it and see what it did. It changed the start menu to a very cheap looking Windows 7 start menu. I liked the new Windows 10 start menu and...