Windows 10: Start Menu Jumbled and Useless in Fresh Install of Windows 10 on new machine!

Discus and support Start Menu Jumbled and Useless in Fresh Install of Windows 10 on new machine! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried all the "Fix windows start menu" articles. Chatted with one of the worst support agents ever a Microsoft support agent who just tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jridge, Mar 2, 2020.

1. jridge Win User

Start Menu Jumbled and Useless in Fresh Install of Windows 10 on new machine!

I've tried all the "Fix windows start menu" articles. Chatted with one of the worst support agents ever a Microsoft support agent who just tried to repeat what all the articles steps, sent me to a download something that didn't exist anymore Start Menu Trouble Shooter, and then just stopped communicating.

So this is my last option as clearly Microsoft's own support can't solve the problem. Hoping someone has seen this issue and knows a fix.

Re-arranging apps on the start menu just jumbles everything. Apps disappear or "stack" on top of each other. I move an app to a new location and it jumps to a completely different spot or disappears all together. Removing apps from the start menu still leaves the icons in place.

It is amazing how the first install of Windows 10 on this brand new machine recently built, never had an OS before and this is the end result.

Start Menu Jumbled and Useless in Fresh Install of Windows 10 on new machine! d8d0eef4-c7b2-46fb-82ec-d1d8f9ddc84f?upload=true.jpg

:)

jridge, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 2, 2020
  3. scevism Win User
    scevism, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Gogoluba Win User

Start menu word jumbled

On a fresh restart the words in my start menu are fine, the setting option says settings, power says power, etc. but after a few hours of use and i decide to try to shut down my computer, i go back to the start menu to power it down and the words for
    each option are all jumbled with the names of some apps and random signs, etc. This stops me from being able to select any of the options and forces me to have to do a hard shutdown by holding the power button on my pc. Is there any fix to this or is this
    a common bug with the current version of windows 10? If so, how do i fix it?

Gogoluba, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Start Menu Jumbled and Useless in Fresh Install of Windows 10 on new machine! - Similar Threads - Start Menu Jumbled

2. BSOD - New machine, fresh win11 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - New machine, fresh win11 installation: I occasionally encounter BSOD with my new machine. Mostly running stable but without any real cause it could throw a BSOD and restart my system.Below are my minidumps:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoGRdkH-FEyKr3k-qNhYn6TTJMAM?e=gbwlz9...
  3. BSOD - New machine, fresh win11 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - New machine, fresh win11 installation: I occasionally encounter BSOD with my new machine. Mostly running stable but without any real cause it could throw a BSOD and restart my system.Below are my minidumps:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoGRdkH-FEyKr3k-qNhYn6TTJMAM?e=gbwlz9...
  4. BSOD - New machine, fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - New machine, fresh install: New computer, fresh install, and I'm getting strange behavior.I've had 3 random reboots without any warning and 2 bluescreens with logs below.You can find the dump logs here:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoGRdkH-FEyKr3k-qNhYn6TTJMAM?e=6n6qPrAny help appreciated....
  5. BSOD - New machine, fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - New machine, fresh install: New computer, fresh install, and I'm getting strange behavior.I've had 3 random reboots without any warning and 2 bluescreens with logs below.You can find the dump logs here:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoGRdkH-FEyKr3k-qNhYn6TTJMAM?e=6n6qPrAny help appreciated....
  6. Windows start menu gets jumbled up when booting (inconsistently) and other start menu issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start menu gets jumbled up when booting (inconsistently) and other start menu issues: [ATTACH] Hey there Im on a brand new rig i built about 3 weeks ago and windows 10 started causing small issues, its not bothering me too much so its not a problem and it doesnt seem to affecting performance =-list of issues-= 1) The start menu is jumbled up when rebooting...
  7. Windows Start Menu Search bar useless.

Windows Start Menu Search bar useless.: I got a new laptop about 2 weeks ago and setup windows, but whenever i search for an app or a specific document it either asks me to search for it on the interned or on the fire explored, what happened to the search bar from Windows 7, where you would search for something,...
  8. Grey tiles in start menu on fresh install.

Grey tiles in start menu on fresh install.: [ATTACH] Hi, i installed windows 10 two days ago, and I ran into a strange behaviour. The default apps + home logo are grey out instead of having a blue background in the start menu. I tried reinstalling, updating but nothing helped :/ Can you guys help me? Here's a...
  9. Start menu thumbnails - useless

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu thumbnails - useless: As I recall, when I floated the mouse pointer over a task bar icon in Windows 7 it displayed a fairly complete version of the names of the files the application was editing. In Windows 10 it displays a a thumbnail of the application's window below a truncated filename....
  10. machine check exception windows 10 fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    machine check exception windows 10 fresh install: Hello I just bought new parts for my pc all of them are new What is Disappointing me I got Blue Screen machine check exception when 1- copy large files 2 - let the pc un use freeze then blue screen 3- watching a video on YouTube 4- Reading online article 5-...