Windows 10: Start menu jumplist settings

Discus and support Start menu jumplist settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In W7, if you hover over an app on the start menu, recent documents are displayed automatically. In W10 it seems you have to click on the jumplist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bobloblaw, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Bobloblaw Win User

Start menu jumplist settings

In W7, if you hover over an app on the start menu, recent documents are displayed automatically. In W10 it seems you have to click on the jumplist arrow.

Is there any way to change this in W10?

:)

Bobloblaw, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Tarman72 Win User

how to keep W7 start menu pinned items when upgrading to W10

This simply doesn't work. I can't see the jumplists in start menu after enabling it in settings app.

Also, I notice these aren't actual jumplists, as you can't pin items.

WORKING SOLUTION: Install classicshell and forget W10

Tarman72, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Jumplists stopped working when W10 Anniversary Update got installed

The Windows 10 anniversary update got installed this morning. 9/25/16 - actually installed 9/24 during shutdown.

When I started using my system today, none of the start menu-application jumplists that I previously set up are there. I checked settings and the Jumplist function is turned ON. I tried selecting a file and after using the application and saving the file,
    the jumplist still doesn't appear.

Is this a bug caused by the new W-10 update? Can I fix it or must I wait for another Update?

Michael27370, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Start menu jumplist settings

1. Start menu jumplist settings - Similar Threads - Start menu jumplist

2. Is it possible to create a start menu jumplist out of a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to create a start menu jumplist out of a folder?: Title. I've tried some thridparty apps like "Jumplist Launcher" and "Jumplist Editor", but they cannot craete a jumplist from a folder- only from a specific program or on the taskbar but not the start menu. submitted by /u/camk16 [link] [comments]...
  3. Start menu and settings are not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and settings are not responding.: I upgraded with windows 11 22H2, but there was some problem with the drivers so I installed them manually but now my star and some other taskbar icons are not working, also not able to go into settings, there are also no notifications. Start process from task manager is gone...
  4. Start menu and settings are not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and settings are not responding.: I upgraded with windows 11 22H2, but there was some problem with the drivers so I installed them manually but now my star and some other taskbar icons are not working, also not able to go into settings, there are also no notifications. Start process from task manager is gone...
  5. Start Menu List - Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List - Settings: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173783
  6. Start Menu and Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Settings: My laptop has had this problem for about a week but i got by without it being a pain until today. When I click on the Start button or search icon on my taskbar nothing happens. I also tried following an online tutorial made by BT which says to go into task manager and run a...
  7. Start Menu registry settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu registry settings: I'm trying to deploy a custom Start Menuvia LGPO PC's and plan on having a full screen start menu with pinned tiles. But somewhere in the org's image/deployment of W10 which includes a customised Start Menu it will create a maximum tile size of 2x2. Even going into the XML...
  8. Start menu and settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu and settings: Hi , i recently upgraded my windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909 with update assistant. I got to the point where the update asks you whether to upgrade now or later and choose later. i later on restarted to upgrade (which was incredibly faster than normal updates) but then...
  9. Start Menu and Settings problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Settings problems.: After applying the most recent forced update my start menu no longer works. Clicking on the button or attempting to type into the search bar does not function and there is a significant decrease in performance. What I've tried so far to fix it: 1. Restarting the...
  10. start menu settings

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu settings: is it possible to change the start menu settings for the number of items in the jump menus? when i go into the taskbar and navigation menu through the control panel, i don't get a tab to switch to the start menu's settings. 44421