Windows 10: Start menu keeps going weird! Still no solution to my problem!

Discus and support Start menu keeps going weird! Still no solution to my problem! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys I've literally asked on every forum i can think of about this problem and still haven't found a solution *Sad Imgur: The most awesome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmshdtv, Jul 24, 2016.

1. jmshdtv Win User

Start menu keeps going weird! Still no solution to my problem!

Hey guys

I've literally asked on every forum i can think of about this problem and still haven't found a solution *Sad

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Some screenshots of my problem! I've tried Run /sfc scannow windows found no problem so i went and did DISM the whole check health scan health thing and nothing happened.

The only way i figured out to solve this problem was with a .bat file to restart explorer.exe
    @echo off
    taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

start explorer.exe
    This script but keep having to run that every now and again is really annoying after a while. I would like to avoid having to do a full format but i think i might have too *Sad

Any ideas?

James

:)

jmshdtv, Jul 24, 2016

2. windows 10 Start menu is not working

I have called Microsoft twice and reinstalled Windows 10 and the start menu keeps not working after about two weeks of getting the menu to work. Is there ever going to be a solution to this problem? Could it be my computer?

PhilipCobb, Jul 24, 2016
  3. amit_707 Win User
    windows 10 start up error

Cant access start menu? keep getting message "critical error and post singout the error will get fixed"; repeatedly signed out and in and the problem exists still....unable to go to command prompt as well.

tried task manager solution as aadvised on a thread but no windows explorer running...

any sols?

amit_707, Jul 24, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Right click on the Cortana search box. Point to Cortana and click on Show Cortana Icon.
    Gets rid of the large Cortana search input area and places a small search icon in it's place.

See if that helps.

Ztruker, Jul 25, 2016
  5. jmshdtv Win User
    Tried that did nothing and i've just formatted my pc and it's still doing it lol

jmshdtv, Jul 26, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    What version of Windows 10 do you have?
    32 or 64 bit?
    Home or Pro?
    What build? Enter winver from the Run box or a Command Prompt to see.
    For instance I have Version 1511 OS Build 10586.494.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu keeps going weird! Still no solution to my problem! - Similar Threads - Start menu keeps

2. Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,...: Hi, I am having a problem with windows where every about 2 hours whether I use my computer or don't use it, all my desktop icons disappear, and goes fully black, sometimes I am on another window and I want to access my desktop, use the start menu, or do alt+tab and its just...
  3. Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,...: Hi, I am having a problem with windows where every about 2 hours whether I use my computer or don't use it, all my desktop icons disappear, and goes fully black, sometimes I am on another window and I want to access my desktop, use the start menu, or do alt+tab and its just...
  4. Weird Menu Bar Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Menu Bar Problem: The menu bar i.e. File - Edit...etc. in just two applications is corrupted somehow. I can click on File and Edit and the dropdown works fine, but when clicking any other item, the dropdown flashes on and off and then a completely different dropdown appears. I am unable to use...
  5. Weird Menu Bar Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Menu Bar Problem: The menu bar i.e. File - Edit...etc. in just two applications is corrupted somehow. I can click on File and Edit and the dropdown works fine, but when clicking any other item, the dropdown flashes on and off and then a completely different dropdown appears. I am unable to use...
  6. Procrastination problems and my weird solution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Procrastination problems and my weird solution: If you would know me, you would probably say that I am the most procrastinating person in the whole world. And I can't get stuff done because I procrastinate so much. So here's the thing: I just can't make myself get off youtube or games or things like these. I can try, but...
  7. Very weird problem and only happens at the start menu

Very weird problem and only happens at the start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MoeNancy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6el29/very_weird_problem_and_only_happens_at_the_start/
  8. weird problems with start menu and settings

weird problems with start menu and settings: Its my first post in this subreddit so be kind. I do tech support, so for me this one is weird In the last couple of days my main win10 machine has problem with the start power icon having no effect(right clicking works) and if i go to settings i can't type anything into the...
  9. SOLUTION - Start menu disappears, start menu will not open [Solved]

in Windows 10 Customization
    SOLUTION - Start menu disappears, start menu will not open [Solved]: PROBLEM STATEMENT: All of the sudden one day the Start Menu in Win 10 stopped working, clicking the button or pressing the Win key had no effect. After spending hours exploring all manner of weird and wonderful *hacks* on the Internets to no effect I have stumbled across...
  10. Weird Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Start Menu: Hi Guys This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I've been a member for a while now and before making my first post i've used the search facility until i ran out of keywords to use and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. I have virtually no tiles...