Windows 10: Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own

Discus and support Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 and my gadget is o+ notepad. The start menu keeps popping out even if I remove it to the keyboard. I reformat the notepad and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IreneBarcena, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own

I am using windows 10 and my gadget is o+ notepad. The start menu keeps popping out even if I remove it to the keyboard. I reformat the notepad and reinstall windows 10 again using the installer from the website of microsoft. Still, the same problem appears and now it takes screenshots on its own. While I am typing, the start menu keeps appearing then it will take screenshots on its own then if i continue typing either the settings will appear, the file folder, run, magnifier and so on.

:)

IreneBarcena, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Kevin_KK Win User

How to make screenshot of the start menu?

I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure:

1. Open "SnippingTool"
    2. Set a delay, say, 5 seconds
    3. Click "New"
    4. Click Windows key, so that the start menu pop up
    5. 5 seconds times out and (hopefully) I can start making the screenshot.
    However, after the fifth step, the start menu is still editable. While I expect it to be masked by a translucent white indicating I can make screenshot over it, it's not the case. In fact, I must click somewhere to enable screenshot on start menu. Is there
    any better/straightforward way to make screenshot of the start menu? Thanks!

Kevin_KK, Oct 27, 2020
  3. How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

Thanks for this topgundcp as I have used the snipping tool a lot but could never figure how to capture pop up menus.

IownAmoneyPit, Oct 27, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own

1. Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own - Similar Threads - Start menu keeps

2. Taking a screenshot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taking a screenshot: Hello Earlier I was able to take screenshot by pressing .... Shift + Windows + S key But after resetting my PC I am not able to take the screenshot the above mentioned way Please help...
  3. Taking screenshot

Taking screenshot: Guys help me take a screenshot. I have a type of keyboard where there are no keys for taking screenshots. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-screenshot/c61117fd-5b72-4a03-812a-d5b545f526b3
  4. taking screenshots

taking screenshots: Please, give instructions on how to take screenshots of my computer screen. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-screenshots/92850574-a600-40fb-80ed-4c00d54501a1
  5. Taking screenshots

Taking screenshots: Using Lightshot for taking screenshots. Please how could I set hotkeys for this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-screenshots/dbe20516-8404-409f-ba95-0dc31418770d
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own: I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 10 v. 1909 build 18363.657. The start menu keeps popping up on it's own which is extremely annoying and disruptive to my work! I've gone through every recommendation that Microsoft has listed on the forum as potential fixes going...
  7. Windows tips is popping up on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows tips is popping up on its own: Hi Guys, Windows tips gets popping up on its own and it has become very annoying. f1 key isn't stuck.I used kaspersky and malwarebytes to scan for any adware but didn't find one. I disabled all the notifications in the control panel and that too didn't work. The popping up...
  8. Take a full screenshot of the "start page"

in Windows 10 Support
    Take a full screenshot of the "start page": Hello, I need to keep in a image (screenshot) my full start page of Windows 10. There is a way to capture it (it's very very long)? The normal screenshot it's only for the full screen, not more. Thanks 109489
  9. Windows 10 starting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 starting on its own: I recently decided to build my own computer, however to my horror, Windows 10 is still not working and has caused my computer to randomly cut to black screen, not turn on when the power button is pressed and to restart itself only to cut out 5-10 seconds after powering on. No...
  10. SETTINGS pops up on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    SETTINGS pops up on its own: SETTINGS pops up on its own with 14971 for no apparent reason. Annoying! 70113