Windows 10: Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own

Discus and support Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 and my gadget is o+ notepad. The start menu keeps popping out even if I remove it to the keyboard. I reformat the notepad and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IreneBarcena, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own

I am using windows 10 and my gadget is o+ notepad. The start menu keeps popping out even if I remove it to the keyboard. I reformat the notepad and reinstall windows 10 again using the installer from the website of microsoft. Still, the same problem appears and now it takes screenshots on its own. While I am typing, the start menu keeps appearing then it will take screenshots on its own then if i continue typing either the settings will appear, the file folder, run, magnifier and so on.

:)

IreneBarcena, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Kevin_KK Win User

How to make screenshot of the start menu?

I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure:

1. Open "SnippingTool"
    2. Set a delay, say, 5 seconds
    3. Click "New"
    4. Click Windows key, so that the start menu pop up
    5. 5 seconds times out and (hopefully) I can start making the screenshot.
    However, after the fifth step, the start menu is still editable. While I expect it to be masked by a translucent white indicating I can make screenshot over it, it's not the case. In fact, I must click somewhere to enable screenshot on start menu. Is there
    any better/straightforward way to make screenshot of the start menu? Thanks!

Kevin_KK, Oct 27, 2020
  3. How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

Thanks for this topgundcp as I have used the snipping tool a lot but could never figure how to capture pop up menus.

IownAmoneyPit, Oct 27, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own

1. Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own - Similar Threads - Start menu keeps

2. My laptop taking screenshots its own!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop taking screenshots its own!: i have a problem. I scan with kaspersky and there is nothing like trojan. I checked my background app's and closed most of them. my system is up to date. i bought this pc 5 days ago, its hp victus 16. And i installed windows 11. And i installed steam 2 days ago. Maybe there...
  3. My laptop taking screenshots its own!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop taking screenshots its own!: i have a problem. I scan with kaspersky and there is nothing like trojan. I checked my background app's and closed most of them. my system is up to date. i bought this pc 5 days ago, its hp victus 16. And i installed windows 11. And i installed steam 2 days ago. Maybe there...
  4. How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?: I recently updated my laptop and I noticed that the snipping tool is constantly turning on and taking screenshots. After turning the snipping tool off and also uninstalling it, the screenshot is continuously being taken and getting stored in my one drive folder. How to...
  5. How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?: I recently updated my laptop and I noticed that the snipping tool is constantly turning on and taking screenshots. After turning the snipping tool off and also uninstalling it, the screenshot is continuously being taken and getting stored in my one drive folder. How to...
  6. How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...: My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few pics, otherwise scores of pics per second get saved. How is this possible? Please advice....
  8. My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...: My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few pics, otherwise scores of pics per second get saved. How is this possible? Please advice....
  9. Start menu keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own: I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 10 v. 1909 build 18363.657. The start menu keeps popping up on it's own which is extremely annoying and disruptive to my work! I've gone through every recommendation that Microsoft has listed on the forum as potential fixes going...