Windows 10: Start Menu keeps popping up and switching on and off quickly

Discus and support Start Menu keeps popping up and switching on and off quickly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a desktop with Windows 10. My start menu has started popping up and turns on and off very quickly which prevents me from doing anything. If I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregariousGoose, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Start Menu keeps popping up and switching on and off quickly

I have a desktop with Windows 10. My start menu has started popping up and turns on and off very quickly which prevents me from doing anything. If I go to type, I enter a couple of keys but then the keyboard starts working like keys are shortcuts. eg. g opens gaming console etc.

If I then use onscreen keyboard it works for a sec before starting the same behaviour as the physical keyboard. Basically I can't do much at all as I can't type anything. Only the mouse works.

I've checked to see if the Windows Key is stuck but it isn't. Even after rebooting this behaviour starts after a while without touching anything.

I have the latest updates installed and tried going back a few but it hasn't fixed it.

:)

GregariousGoose, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Dnlyong Win User
    Start Menu keep popping up when switching to tablet mode

I have a Lenovo YOGA 900, which is a convertible laptop.

I have Windows 10 Home. I have set the tablet mode switch to automatic.

Every time I switch from normal to tablet, the start menu pops up, interrupting whatever I was doing.

For example, when I am watching a video online, and I flip the display into a tablet, the start menu automatically pops up, and I have to minimize and maximize my window to continue my video. The start menu doesn't go away when I press the start button again.

This is extremely frustrating that I have to close the start menu after many tries (Sometimes the taskbar area shows the window I was using, but the start menu still won't go away), then attempt to open the window again.

Can the start menu stop opening when I switch to tablet mode?

Thanks for your help.

Dnlyong, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Start Menu keeps popping up and switching on and off quickly

start menu keeps popping up

start menu keeps popping up. whos got an answer?

enriquemartinezSeatt, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu keeps popping up and switching on and off quickly

1. Start Menu keeps popping up and switching on and off quickly - Similar Threads - Start Menu keeps

2. Pop up message keeps popping up with no apparent way to switch off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up message keeps popping up with no apparent way to switch off: I am having a problem with pop up messages that keep coming on and then disappearing on my desktop. I am using Windows 11 Pro. This hasa been going on for months. It is usually a "boot up screen on/off" pop up that appears in the center of my screen or one about contrast...
  3. Pop up message keeps popping up with no apparent way to switch off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up message keeps popping up with no apparent way to switch off: I am having a problem with pop up messages that keep coming on and then disappearing on my desktop. I am using Windows 11 Pro. This hasa been going on for months. It is usually a "boot up screen on/off" pop up that appears in the center of my screen or one about contrast...
  4. Start menu keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  5. Start Screen keeps popping up

Start Screen keeps popping up: Hi, Hoping someone can help me. Have recently had a new screen installed by DELL on my Inspiron 13 and ever since the Windows START menu keeps popping up every few seconds. Dell have advised me that it is a Windows problem and not the new screen. Any suggestions as to how...
  6. Start menu keeps popping up while streaming Netflix movies.

Start menu keeps popping up while streaming Netflix movies.: I have a Windows 10 desktop Dell computer. When I am streaming a movie on Netflix, the start menu continually pops up. It is very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-keeps-popping-up-while-streaming/d414f73e-41c3-4d35-8051-e1ea2f1c4ef6
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own: I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 10 v. 1909 build 18363.657. The start menu keeps popping up on it's own which is extremely annoying and disruptive to my work! I've gone through every recommendation that Microsoft has listed on the forum as potential fixes going...
  8. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  9. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  10. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...