Windows 10: Start menu keeps popping up

Discus and support Start menu keeps popping up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XHAUNTEDMONKEYX, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Start menu keeps popping up

Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my pc and installed Windows 10 again. I tried the start menu troubleshoot and it tells me something about the windows experience host not installed properly, so I went through every thing to install that, nothing changes, I can't even type anything on my pc because every time I do it begins to type it in the search bar on the start menu and then closes it one second later.

:)

XHAUNTEDMONKEYX, Feb 4, 2021

2. Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own

I followed all the steps you suggested. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I am not pressing any key but the start menu still pops up then it take screenshots on its own

IreneBarcena, Feb 4, 2021
  3. start menu keeps popping up

start menu keeps popping up. whos got an answer?

enriquemartinezSeatt, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Start menu keeps popping up

Start menu keeps popping up

Hi Rounak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that Start menu keeps popping up and interrupts your work, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you checked with disconnecting the external keyboard from the device?

Please some of the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search
      box from the desktop and click Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All option in the left pane and select the
      Hardware and Devices
    • Click on Next to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: If the issue still persists,
    Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Method 3: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Start menu keeps popping up

1. Start menu keeps popping up - Similar Threads - Start menu keeps

2. windows start menu pops up randomly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows start menu pops up randomly.: As it says in subject, my pc randomly pops up the start menu and sometimes the notification bar. Already performed a scan in command prompt. 0 issues. Do you have any suggestions on how i can fix this problem. Also occurs during gaming when all notifications are shut...
  3. Start Screen keeps popping up

Start Screen keeps popping up: Hi, Hoping someone can help me. Have recently had a new screen installed by DELL on my Inspiron 13 and ever since the Windows START menu keeps popping up every few seconds. Dell have advised me that it is a Windows problem and not the new screen. Any suggestions as to how...
  4. Start menu keeps popping up while streaming Netflix movies.

Start menu keeps popping up while streaming Netflix movies.: I have a Windows 10 desktop Dell computer. When I am streaming a movie on Netflix, the start menu continually pops up. It is very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-keeps-popping-up-while-streaming/d414f73e-41c3-4d35-8051-e1ea2f1c4ef6
  5. Start Menu keeps popping up and switching on and off quickly

Start Menu keeps popping up and switching on and off quickly: I have a desktop with Windows 10. My start menu has started popping up and turns on and off very quickly which prevents me from doing anything. If I go to type, I enter a couple of keys but then the keyboard starts working like keys are shortcuts. eg. g opens gaming console...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own: I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 10 v. 1909 build 18363.657. The start menu keeps popping up on it's own which is extremely annoying and disruptive to my work! I've gone through every recommendation that Microsoft has listed on the forum as potential fixes going...
  7. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  8. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  9. The start up menu in windows 10 keeps popping up every few second

The start up menu in windows 10 keeps popping up every few second: When I sign in and try to do anything whether it be search the internet, look at email, play a game etc. the start up menu pops up about every 3 or 4 seconds. I checked the keys to see if something was sticking but it isn't. Thought it might be a virus so took it to a...
  10. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...