Windows 10: Start Menu Keyboard Commands

Discus and support Start Menu Keyboard Commands in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a complete and comprehensive list of Keyboard Comm ands for using the Start Menu after you open the menu with the Windows key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by snowshed, Nov 27, 2021.

1. snowshed Win User

Start Menu Keyboard Commands

Is there a complete and comprehensive list of Keyboard Comm ands for using the Start Menu after you open the menu with the Windows key?

:)

snowshed, Nov 27, 2021

2. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Start Menu Commands

As I said, I've never seen a list of commands you can type at the Start menu. I think the best you can do is use the list or Run commands and test to see w3hat works as a Start menu entry and how many characters you need to type before you get the expected result.

Good start here: 20 Run Commands Every Windows User Should Know - Make Tech Easier

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Command/Run Not Showing in Start Menu

Hi Melinda,

In Windows 10 there are 3 ways to get the Run operation

Click your Start Button, then just type the command and hit enter

Press the Windows key on you Keyboard + R to open the run dialog

In the All Apps alphabetical list on your Start menu, scroll down to W and choose Windows System - Run

To open Command Prompt in Windows 10, click your Start Button, then just type cmd and Command Prompt will appear in the resulting list . . .

DaveM121, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Start Menu Keyboard Commands - Similar Threads - Start Menu Keyboard

2. Keyboard not working in Windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working in Windows start menu: Hi,I have the exact same issue as discussed here: Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs - Microsoft CommunityFollowing the instructions in the answer solved it for me, but only temporarily. Is there a way to solve this permanently?Thanks....
  3. Keyboard not working in Windows start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working in Windows start menu: Hi,I have the exact same issue as discussed here: Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs - Microsoft CommunityFollowing the instructions in the answer solved it for me, but only temporarily. Is there a way to solve this permanently?Thanks....
  4. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs: Hi there.Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the menu, etc.The mouse is still recognized and usable.This issue occurred out of nowhere. I have not edited any files or...
  5. Start Menu Keyboard Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Keyboard Commands: Is there a complete and comprehensive list of Keyboard Comm ands for using the Start Menu after you open the menu with the Windows key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-keyboard-commands/9a817baf-86e6-4edc-a0b7-eb16429c5490
  6. Start Menu Keyboard Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Keyboard Commands: Is there a complete and comprehensive list of Keyboard Comm ands for using the Start Menu after you open the menu with the Windows key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-keyboard-commands/9a817baf-86e6-4edc-a0b7-eb16429c5490
  7. keyboard command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    keyboard command: What is the keyboard command to globally select a number of files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-command/bacd741d-f1cd-40cc-bf0d-2fd77627355d
  8. cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu: I was using Pinnacle Studio when it froze. On rebooting I discovered I had to reinstall my drivers for video and audio. I decided to use SFC /Scannow to check Windows. I discovered I could no longer access cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) by right...
  9. Command/Run Not Showing in Start Menu

Command/Run Not Showing in Start Menu: Run... is not showing in my Windows 10 Start Menu -- how do I add it? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/commandrun-not-showing-in-start-menu/02aca714-2eb2-4d79-89ce-b3fdff375347
  10. Start Menu Commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Commands: I tried finding a list of all the shortcut commands from the Start Menu, but I do not see one anywhere. For example, I already know by typing "winver", I go directly to the version information screen. When I type "reli", I head straight to the reliability monitor. With...