Windows 10: Start menu Lag

Discus and support Start menu Lag in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone ! I run on windows version 1909 and all of a sudden last week my start menu would lag and have a delay of about 3 seconds before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Madesh1326, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Start menu Lag

Hello everyone ! I run on windows version 1909 and all of a sudden last week my start menu would lag and have a delay of about 3 seconds before actually popping up. I always search stuff on my computer by pressing the Windows button and typing in, but because of this weird bug/glitch/lag it’s slowing me down. Another part is that when I get frustrated and spam the start button, it suddenly works the way it should (smooth animation).

I already tried disabling minimise and maximise animation but it would solve the issues

Oh and btw I use an SSD, and connected a external HDD just for additional storage(if this might help). And a well built PC

submitted by /u/Madesh1326
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Madesh1326, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Start menu lagging

Hi Koushik,

One of the possible reasons why you’re experiencing this issue with start menu is because of the changes in the settings of your device. For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Start menu Lag

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Start menu Lag

1. Start menu Lag - Similar Threads - Start menu Lag

2. Start menu/'Type here to search'/Taskbar lagging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu/'Type here to search'/Taskbar lagging.: When I try to open the windows start menu it takes about 2-3 seconds to load and it is really frustrating, this also happens with opening and closing task manager, right clicking on the task bar and attempting to quick search something. Sometimes the 'Type here to search'...
  3. Start menu/'Type here to search'/Taskbar lagging.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu/'Type here to search'/Taskbar lagging.: When I try to open the windows start menu it takes about 2-3 seconds to load and it is really frustrating, this also happens with opening and closing task manager, right clicking on the task bar and attempting to quick search something. Sometimes the 'Type here to search'...
  4. start menu lags drastically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu lags drastically: Unable to start my daily session since my apps in start menu keeps on lagging. I open the apps but it will take couple of minutes to open then it will close. It happens in every apps....
  5. start menu lags drastically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu lags drastically: Unable to start my daily session since my apps in start menu keeps on lagging. I open the apps but it will take couple of minutes to open then it will close. It happens in every apps....
  6. start menu lags drastically

7. Sometimes Start menu lags for 1 second.

Sometimes Start menu lags for 1 second.: When I click on windows start buttun ,Some times the menu opens fine as usual. But sometimes it lags for 1sec I guess. For example:- When I am watching any video and opens the start menu that lags for just 1sec. I mean it freezes, and the video that...
  8. Start menu lag caused by switching the GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Start menu lag caused by switching the GPU: Hello I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 v1903 on my ASUS N53SV laptop. I updated drivers using windows update. I noticed that every time I try to open the start menu, It shows after a small (say half a second) lag. If I keep pressing start key, the subsequent openings...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay): Hello! I have not find solutions on forum so i decided to post new thread. I have really burst issue with start menu. When i click on start button start menu does not show immediately, it appear with delay, only after half a sec or more. Problem arise after 24-30 hours...
  10. 5-sec Lag on Start Menu Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    5-sec Lag on Start Menu Search Results: But not all searches lag; only the results for system settings (control panel items/shortcuts) , along with file/folder searches. The only search terms that are instant like they should seems to be anything in shell:programs + some other specials like the Downloads folder....