Windows 10: start menu language change

Discus and support start menu language change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I just bought a new laptop from korea where i live but would like it all in english. I have managed to get nearly everything switched over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lolavi, Jun 27, 2020.

1. lolavi Win User

start menu language change

Hello,

I just bought a new laptop from korea where i live but would like it all in english.

I have managed to get nearly everything switched over but the start menu still has features on korean and so does the welcome screen before i sign into the computer.

Just wondering how i change these to english?
    TIA

start menu language change a8a0fc42-cb9f-4b16-918c-f7eda11095b2?upload=true.png

:)

lolavi, Jun 27, 2020
  2. notnats Win User

Russian language in start menu

Try this tutorial;
    Add, Remove, and Change Display Language in Windows 10

Also be sure to check out the list of related tutorials at the bottom of the page. If the first suggestion doesn't help then one of those might.

notnats, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Muzz69 Win User
    Russian language in start menu

I have started noticing Russian language in my start menu and in some windows applications (eg Calculator and Photo previewer).

start menu language change [​IMG]

I do have Russian language installed but its not default and I want my menu to be English.
    I'm sure this is an easy fix, but if someone can step me through it, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

Muzz69, Jun 27, 2020
  4. start menu language change

change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

start menu language change

1. start menu language change - Similar Threads - start menu language

2. Library names persist through language change while searching in Start Menu

in Cortana
    Library names persist through language change while searching in Start Menu: After changing the Windows Display Language library names are translated properly, but the folders were created in a different language and their names aren't changed, so I suppose that's causing the issue:Installed Windows in Polish -> Changed to English -> Library names...
  3. Start Menu Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  4. HOW TO CHANGE START MENU?

HOW TO CHANGE START MENU?: [ATTACH] My start menu looks like its stuck in 2001, however when I click on Start Menu Windows at the top it switches to a normal WIN10 Start menu. If i exit it defaults to the older looking menu. How do i get it to stay looking like the modern WIN10 start? THANK YOU...
  5. Start Menu Language Won't Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Language Won't Change: Hi y'all I recently decided to change my entire PC display language to English, since I'm not a native it's good for practicing purposes, as well as for getting support online (most guides and tutorials are in English). I changed the display language in the Settings,...
  6. Start Menu how change language of Office 2016 form Dutch to Englisch

Start Menu how change language of Office 2016 form Dutch to Englisch: I Install Office 2016 Default English Language Then I Install add the Dutch Language package In the Start Menu, all items are English by default Except Office 2016 menu is Dutch Language (Last installed package) I try to change the Start menu Language to English I can...
  7. Russian language in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Russian language in start menu: I have started noticing Russian language in my start menu and in some windows applications (eg Calculator and Photo previewer). [img] I do have Russian language installed but its not default and I want my menu to be English. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but if someone can...
  8. Can't Change Start Menu Language

Can't Change Start Menu Language: I changed the language. But still can't change some parts of the start menu. [ATTACH] As you can see, I wrote "language" to the search bar and the result is in "Turkish" (previous language). And also I can't open anything by click on them. So I want them "English" too....
  9. Language in Start menu program list

Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  10. Change Profile Dir in Answer File cause Start Menu in two languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Profile Dir in Answer File cause Start Menu in two languages: Hi. I have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 1607 ISO Spanish from MSDN. I have an answer file with ProfilesDir=D:\USERS. It worked in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (1511). But with this release, the start menu shows some icons/folders in spanish and other in...