Windows 10: Start Menu Launcher Not Working: white box instead of app list

Discus and support Start Menu Launcher Not Working: white box instead of app list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As of this morning, the launcher my start menu has stopped working properly. Normally, I launch all of my applications by hitting the windows key and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ddls, May 2, 2019.

1. ddls Win User

Start Menu Launcher Not Working: white box instead of app list

As of this morning, the launcher my start menu has stopped working properly. Normally, I launch all of my applications by hitting the windows key and typing out the name of what I want until it appears in the launcher. Now, my start menu looks fine when I first hit the windows key or click the windows logo to bring it up. However, this is what I get when I begin to type the name of an application:

Start Menu Launcher Not Working: white box instead of app list [​IMG]

Googling variations of the title I used in this post was not fruitful - I found nobody who had a similar problem so far. Restarting the computer does not fix the issue. Any tips on the appropriate steps to diagnose or fix this are much appreciated.

:)

ddls, May 2, 2019

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 2, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, May 2, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Start Menu Launcher Not Working: white box instead of app list - Similar Threads - Start Menu Launcher

2. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Customization
    White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again: I've researched many recent threads about this and tried many of the solutions suggested. I get white boxes that show up in the upper left corner of tiles in the start menu. This is a VirtualBox VM running on a Windows 10 host. I have updated everything related to...
  3. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again: I've researched many recent threads about this and tried many of the solutions suggested. I get white boxes that show up in the upper left corner of tiles in the start menu. This is a VirtualBox VM running on a Windows 10 host. I have updated everything related to...
  4. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minecraft launcher in the start menu, but not among apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft launcher in the start menu, but not among apps: Hello!I really hope you can help me, because I really don't want to give my computer a complete reset, but that's the only option I would still know to take.After not using my computer for a week, I started it up today and wanted to play some Minecraft. The launcher wouldn't...
  6. Minecraft launcher in the start menu, but not among apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft launcher in the start menu, but not among apps: Hello!I really hope you can help me, because I really don't want to give my computer a complete reset, but that's the only option I would still know to take.After not using my computer for a week, I started it up today and wanted to play some Minecraft. The launcher wouldn't...
  7. Minecraft launcher in the start menu, but not among apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  9. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  10. Start menu White box tile

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu White box tile: I started having a problem (it used to display correctly, it just randomly changed without me doing anything) with the way opera web browser shows up in the start menu when it is pinned. It appears as just a white box without even a custom colour applied. Every other...