Windows 10: Start menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account?

Discus and support Start menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am always running my system as a Standard User Account and sometimes when I need to test system settings I logon to my Admin account. However, on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Start menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account?

I am always running my system as a Standard User Account and sometimes when I need to test system settings I logon to my Admin account.

However, on the Start menu layout, I left it as default, in other words, I have the Live Tiles showing up on the Start Menu Layout like Live News Feeds.

Will this pose a security issue under my Admin account even if I do not browse the internet with a browser? Because I still think of having those Live Tiles on the Start Menu Layout as being on the Internet because they contain live content except with no use of a browser.

Should I remove all of the Live Tile content from the Start Menu Layout under my Admin account?

:)

win10freak, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

How to reset the tile layout in the start menu

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern with resetting the tile layout in the Start menu. Kindly answer the following:

• Is your computer connected in a domain?
    • Which build of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried the steps given by DaveM121 on a different user profile?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 6, 2019
  4. d88david Win User

Start menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account?

Adding OneDrive tile to start menu .xml with GPO

Hi Yasir,

Thank you for getting back to me but I have seen that suggestion which will not work for me. That steps suggested to do it manually which I'm trying to pin it to the start layout tile using .xml file via GPO. Below is the path where the OneDrive shortcut
    that I'm trying to pin to the start layout tile.

<startStart menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account? :DesktopApplicationTile Size="2x2" Column="2" Row="2" DesktopApplicationLinkPath="%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OneDrive.lnk" />

d88david, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Start menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account?

1. Start menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account? - Similar Threads - Start menu layout

2. Start Tile Layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Tile Layout: This is about start menu customization that is on a "Golden Image" and pushed out to Horizon virtual desktops. Hopefully this is the best forum for it! When building my images I have always used powershell Export-StartLayout and Import-StartLayout in order to provide a custom...
  3. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  4. Backup start menu tile layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup start menu tile layout: Hi all, I have quite a few websites installed as fake apps via Microsoft Edge these days.I access all of these via pinned icons on the Windows 10 start menu. I've had issues before where a Windows 10 update or Edge update has wiped out these websites installed as fake apps,...
  5. Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore

Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore: I just factory reset my Windows 10 PC and the live tiles in the start menu no longer work. I've run the troubleshooter, which found nothing, and have tried resetting the apps but nothing seems to work. Any solutions?...
  6. Start Menu Bug - Tiles not updating / Layout not updating

Start Menu Bug - Tiles not updating / Layout not updating: I tried customizing my Start menu - removing the tiles, that I didn't need and trying to add the ones that I wanted. After every restart it resets to the default one. It even displays the applications that I previously uninstalled. Also "My computer" cannot even be added...
  7. Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working

Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working: Hello. Just got a new computer today, win10 64-bit, i7. i can add apps to the live tiles, but then when i go to move them around or resize them, the start menu crashes. if i open it up again, the apps i added are gone, leaving only the ones that were already there. this...
  8. Start menu tiles layout savefile?

Start menu tiles layout savefile?: after updag win7 to win10 i immediately customized my start menu tiles and it looked really awesome while still being organised. After encountering numerous problems with poorly migrated programs i did a fresh install ( like a month ago) and havent been able to find that same...
  9. How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?

How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?: I pinned tiles to the start menu from Edge, but they don't always work; when I click on them sometimes the url for some inexplicable reason becomes truncated so I get Edge's version of a 404 and I have to type the correct url into the address bar, then pin it again, which...
  10. Start Menu Live Tiles All Of Them Stopped Being Live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Live Tiles All Of Them Stopped Being Live: Guys, Out from the sky, all my Start Menu Live Tiles stopped being live. Did not touch a thing. Windows 10 x32, 1709 16299.334 Do not have a Restore Point. Could you please help me to bring them alive again. It also influenced that my Mail App pinned to taskbar does...