Windows 10: Start menu layout

Discus and support Start menu layout in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FixedontheSilence, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Start menu layout

Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main release copy? Currently my main computer is on build 22000.613. I've looked everywhere for the option, or to see if others have had this issue and I can't find anything. Thanks for the help!

:)

FixedontheSilence, Apr 24, 2022
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

How to reset the tile layout in the start menu

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern with resetting the tile layout in the Start menu. Kindly answer the following:

• Is your computer connected in a domain?
    • Which build of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried the steps given by DaveM121 on a different user profile?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Apr 24, 2022
  3. windows 10 start menu messed up layout

Hello Nabiha,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys, select Personalization.
    • Select Start and check if the Start menu screen is turned to Full screen mode.
    • If the full screen is turned on, Turn off and check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 24, 2022
  4. pepanee Win User

Start menu layout

How to get back the Win10 1511 start menu layout

I use a 3rd Party Program called Classic Shell.

You can fully customize the Start Menu: change the items listed there, have different buttons there, change the start button icon, etc. There's too much to list.

Start menu layout [​IMG]

pepanee, Apr 24, 2022
Thema:

Start menu layout

1. Start menu layout - Similar Threads - Start menu layout

2. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  3. Backup start menu tile layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup start menu tile layout: Hi all, I have quite a few websites installed as fake apps via Microsoft Edge these days.I access all of these via pinned icons on the Windows 10 start menu. I've had issues before where a Windows 10 update or Edge update has wiped out these websites installed as fake apps,...
  4. Backup Start Menu layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Start Menu layout: I do not know where to ask this question as none of the little drop down boxes has anything to do with the Start Menu. Question: Is there is any way to backup my start menu on my main Windows 10 computer so that I can use it on my other windows 10 machines. My main computer...
  5. windows start menu layout

windows start menu layout: Somehow I changed to the icon tiles on the start menu. I want the classic menu list instead. Now I can't change it. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-layout/f2ea93ee-57c8-4a20-a6e7-af7a6108f6ab
  6. Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?

Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?: Hi Everyone, I am trying to do something very simple (I assume) and change the default Start Menu Pinned Tile Group column number from 6 to 3 in order to further resize the start menu and remove a blank gap. See this picture and note the unnecessary blank portion: [img] I...
  7. Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?: Hi Everyone, I am trying to do something very simple (I assume) and change the default Start Menu Pinned Tile Group column number from 6 to 3 in order to further resize the start menu and remove a blank gap. See this picture and note the unnecessary blank portion: [img] I...
  8. Start menu layout

Start menu layout: Is there a way to reset the start menu layout? Like when you start a new user? I'm using windows 10 version 1803. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/start-menu-layout/a51f03a8-cc0c-4d8f-82df-8c2de79651a1
  9. Start menu tiles layout savefile?

Start menu tiles layout savefile?: after updag win7 to win10 i immediately customized my start menu tiles and it looked really awesome while still being organised. After encountering numerous problems with poorly migrated programs i did a fresh install ( like a month ago) and havent been able to find that same...
  10. Start Menu Layout will not save the changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Layout will not save the changes: I just did a clean installed of Windows 10 (1709) and as I recall, this happened to me a while back as well when the Start Menu Layout will not save the changes. So when I Unpin all the apps from the Start Layout, it will not save the settings even after all the updates and...