Windows 10: Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?

Discus and support Start Menu left margin icons - expanded? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to customize the Windows 10 start menu to always expand the left margin icons? There are three lines at the top left corner that can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dick Jagger, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?

Is there a way to customize the Windows 10 start menu to always expand the left margin icons? There are three lines at the top left corner that can expand the left margin outward, but it collapses afterwards. I'd prefer to get rid of the alphabetized scroll list altogether and just have the expanded margin with text instead of the icons. Thanks.

Start Menu left margin icons - expanded? [​IMG]

:)

Dick Jagger, Apr 28, 2020

2. Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?

Is there a way to customize the Windows 10 start menu to always expand the left margin icons? There are three lines at the top left corner that can expand the left margin outward, but it collapses afterwards. I'd prefer to get rid of the alphabetized scroll list altogether and just have the expanded margin with text instead of the icons. Thanks.

Start Menu left margin icons - expanded? [​IMG]

Dick Jagger, Apr 28, 2020
  3. How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

In Start Menu, on the left there is an expand button, but how can I make it expanded by default (thus hiding that ridiculous huge list of apps by letter)

Thanks in advance.

NewYears1978, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Darknova Win User

Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?

1. Start Menu left margin icons - expanded? - Similar Threads - Start Menu left

2. How to turn off auto expand feature on left panel at start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off auto expand feature on left panel at start menu?: Please tell how can I turn off the auto expand feature in the left side folders panel at start menu? Last time I was told that I have to uninstall the latest updates from windows update but I want to turn off that particular feature only and keep all the other updates. So...
  3. How to disable expanding left tab of start menu with mouse hovering

How to disable expanding left tab of start menu with mouse hovering: Hello, When I open the start menu in Windows 10, I can expand the left tab of start menu labeled as "Start" by hovering mouse pointer. How can I disable this? It annoys me. Best Regards Parsa Mohammadi...
  4. start menu auto expand.

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu auto expand.: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/1...ane-behaviour/ thanx in advance! 131510
  5. brackets of any kind to the left of the margin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brackets of any kind to the left of the margin: I am trying to place brackets of any kind to the left of the margin in a Word 2010 document. In the image below, I would like to place the bracket from the words "Si viniera, me" to the words "buy you a house." Is this possible in Word 2010? [ATTACH]...
  6. Start menu (left)

Start menu (left): Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495
  7. How to add icons to the left of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add icons to the left of Start Menu?: Just got Windows 10 a few hours ago. I don't see how you pin icons for programs to the LEFT side of the start menu. I can pin things to the right side, but I don't want those tiles. 34220
  8. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456
  9. How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Expand the left side of Start (by default): In Start Menu, on the left there is an expand button, but how can I make it expanded by default (thus hiding that ridiculous huge list of apps by letter) Thanks in advance. 68969
  10. How to expand/contract start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to expand/contract start menu: Hi all. I was able to expand/contract the width and height of the statmenu. Now only height is expandable. I do NOT want full screen. The expand arrows show when I put cursor on right edge but am not able to "pull" edge to right to expand the size. Did the recent "major...