Windows 10: Start menu (left)

Discus and support Start menu (left) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kio, Jan 18, 2019.

1. KIO
    Kio Win User

Start menu (left)

Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu)

Start menu (left) [​IMG]

:)

2. Can't edit start menu left side items

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I apologies for delay in response. I will certainly help you with this.

You can remove any unwanted app from “most used” app list and that will replace by other less used app. To remove the app, right click on app and click on “Don’t show in list”.

To remove the folder that appears on the Start menu, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key and type Start settings in search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Start in the left panel.
    • Click or tap on the “Choose which folder appears on Start”.
    • Toggle the button off for the folder that you want to remove from the Start menu.

Hope this information helps. Reply with the updated issue detail for further assistance.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 18, 2019
  3. cmoe Win User
    Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

hello.

I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility to customize this list or to re-add the function?
    I don't want to use "recently added apps" or something like that ...

Start menu (left) [​IMG]

greets.christian

4. Start menu (left)

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Start menu (left)

1. Start menu (left) - Similar Threads - Start menu left

2. Left click the Start menu and the screen locks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left click the Start menu and the screen locks: Windows 10 21H2, Lenovo 5th gen Yoga 11e. When I left click the Start menu the screen locks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-click-the-start-menu-and-the-screen-locks/867eaa16-4b7b-4f31-a795-e8afe00a5bc5
  3. Left click the Start menu and the screen locks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Left click the Start menu and the screen locks: Windows 10 21H2, Lenovo 5th gen Yoga 11e. When I left click the Start menu the screen locks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-click-the-start-menu-and-the-screen-locks/867eaa16-4b7b-4f31-a795-e8afe00a5bc5
  4. Left Ctrl opening start menu

Left Ctrl opening start menu: Basically whenever I press my left ctrl the windows start menu pops up for some reason. I have no idea why this happens or how to stop it. I've tried a bunch of different things and nothing has worked. At first if I held the left ctrl the start up would come up, but now all...
  5. Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?

Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?: Is there a way to customize the Windows 10 start menu to always expand the left margin icons? There are three lines at the top left corner that can expand the left margin outward, but it collapses afterwards. I'd prefer to get rid of the alphabetized scroll list altogether...
  6. No left hand start menu!

No left hand start menu!: I am using the windows insider edition, and I would like to get rid of the start menu that the windows flag opens without tiles in it and have the tiles float on the desktop. Can this be done? Me 151559
  7. Pin to left side of Start Menu Achieved

Pin to left side of Start Menu Achieved: 1) Browse to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu Places 2) Rename one of the existing folders there to what folder you want it to be 3) Right-click > Properties to said folder and set new destination folder address 4) Go to Settings App > Personalization > Start >...
  8. How to add icons to the left of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add icons to the left of Start Menu?: Just got Windows 10 a few hours ago. I don't see how you pin icons for programs to the LEFT side of the start menu. I can pin things to the right side, but I don't want those tiles. 34220
  9. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...
  10. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456

Users found this page by searching for:

1. want-the-windows-10-start-menu-to-show-the-expanded-start-menu