Windows 10: Start Menu List - ZOOM

Discus and support Start Menu List - ZOOM in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is the program ZOOM installed on a user-by-user basis? I installed ZOOM through my (everyday use) Standard account & placed the shortcut into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CJW, Feb 7, 2021.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Start Menu List - ZOOM

Is the program ZOOM installed on a user-by-user basis?

I installed ZOOM through my (everyday use) Standard account & placed the shortcut into the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder, as I do w/other shortcuts just in case I need them when I do use my Administrator account.

But my Administrator account doesn't show the ZOOM icon (red circles) & when I do click on the shortcut, I get an error message-

Start Menu List - ZOOM [​IMG]

:)

2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 7, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Feb 7, 2021
  4. nt62 Win User

Start Menu List - ZOOM

Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

There is no way to remove the letters.
    They are a carry over from 8.
    The Windows 10 menu is an updated desktop version of the metro UI in 8.

It is designed to reduce or eliminate scrolling.
    Clicking a letter takes one to an install title.
    It is up to the developer to generate a proper name.
    The menu can only work with what it is given.

nt62, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Start Menu List - ZOOM

1. Start Menu List - ZOOM - Similar Threads - Start Menu List

2. Start Menu List - Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List - Settings: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173783
  3. Start Menu List

Start Menu List: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173782
  4. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  5. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  6. Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue: I've got an ASUS ROG GL502VV DB71 laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I believe this happened after the latest Windows update! 1 - Anytime I press my Control key my screen zooms in and it never did that before. I can’t press Control-c or Control-v or Control-Alt-Del without...
  7. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  8. Language in Start menu program list

Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  9. Only List on Start Menu, Not Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Only List on Start Menu, Not Icons: I want my Start Menu to show only a list of programs/files/folders, like this: [img] but when I choose "Pin to Start" I get big, obnoxious icons which cause the Start Menu to expand much too far over the desktop, like this: [img] How can I cause additions to the...
  10. Programs Used List in Start Menue

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs Used List in Start Menue: How do a get a program that I use quite often to get on the "Most Used Programs List". I realize that I probably have to use it more for it to appear on the list. But I want to know if I can get it there even though the program is not used as often as the others. TIA...