Windows 10: start menu locked please help!!

Discus and support start menu locked please help!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; when i press the "F7" key after i open the start menu. the menu gets locked and i cant use my mouse to choose anything on the menu. i have no idea how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/user8573223524, Mar 19, 2021.

1. start menu locked please help!!

when i press the "F7" key after i open the start menu. the menu gets locked and i cant use my mouse to choose anything on the menu. i have no idea how to unlock the start menu other than signing out and back in again. can anyone please help?

also, why is this happen only when i press F7?

submitted by /u/user8573223524
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/user8573223524, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Darshan J Win User

Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 19, 2021
  4. start menu locked please help!!

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

start menu locked please help!!

1. start menu locked please help!! - Similar Threads - start menu locked

2. start menu tiles are locked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu tiles are locked.: Hi All, i recently got a laptop from my organisation & the start tile menu is locked. i would like to add new tiles & remove the existing ones. is there a way to do so. i got new apps to replace the windows defaults such as VLC & Mathematica but when i try to add them to...
  3. Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help: I disabled Cortana in the regedit and also renamed the Cortana folder in the System Apps folder in order to completely stop it from running. Now, when I hit the Start menu button on the keyboard, it opens up, but am unable to type in anything.. How do I resolve this issue?...
  4. Start menu is being weird? Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu is being weird? Please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SmolPupple [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz8rdk/start_menu_is_being_weird_please_help/
  5. start menu stopped working on windows. please help

start menu stopped working on windows. please help: I have gone on the microsoft community forum, tried the fixes but it does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stopped-working-on-windows-please-help/d0f9381b-a54c-4c42-8d35-7f8c00ebf5a7
  6. Windows 1909 start menu issue. Please help.

Windows 1909 start menu issue. Please help.: I recently got a new computer. I set it up, and got it updated to the newest version. I know that one of the new features is the start menu auto expand when you hover over the left side. However, I can't get my start menu to do that. I like that feature. I know its a small...
  7. Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP!

Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP!: Hello people, thanks for reading! First of all, I watched and did this video, I think that's what broke my Start Menu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVy4GAtkh7Q It was a few days ago, I had no problems, but today after I restarted my PC, the start menu stopped working....
  8. Help with start menu font please

Help with start menu font please: So i figured it was time to spice up my windows install a bit. I changed my font via winaero tweaker and it seems to have applied to every area of windows EXCEPT the start menu. When i open the start menu to view all my folders and subsequent apps, the font is standard still....
  9. Lock screen to Start Menu

Lock screen to Start Menu: How do I get the computer to go from the Lock screen directly to the Start screen, without going to the Desktop first ? 53575
  10. Start menu looks different then before, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu looks different then before, please help: Hello, after Win10 reinstall, start menu looks different then before, how can i fix it? also is it normal that upgrade to win10 took over 14hours? it was stuck at 99% for 10hours. now: http://cdn.ghacks.net/wp-content/upl...start-menu.jpg before:...