Windows 10: Start menu looks different then before, please help

Discus and support Start menu looks different then before, please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, after Win10 reinstall, start menu looks different then before, how can i fix it? also is it normal that upgrade to win10 took over 14hours? it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Feazle, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Feazle Win User

Start menu looks different then before, please help

Feazle, Aug 4, 2016

2. start menue

Hi,

Using your Microsoft account on a different computer may give you the information you have, only if you've used that computer before and have your settings or files saved. However, can you tell us what do you exactly mean when you say "the start menu on
    different computer the information is not the same on the start menu"?

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Start menu not working (please help)

So when is Microsoft going to provide an update to fix the start menu application problem? Nothing is working to fix this on my computer?

stephenbibb, Aug 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, the start menu change is by design. (MS seems determined never to make it as fully usable as Win 7 and earlier for traditional folder/subfolder based menus)

If you prefer sthg different, there are plenty of start menu replacements.

14hrs would be exceptionally long. Mine was about an hour - download over ADSL + installation on an SSD.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2016
  5. Feazle Win User
    i just found out what it is "anniversary update"

Feazle, Aug 4, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    I have removed my subscription from this thread based on the language used.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2016
  7. Weird, mine hasn't changed that much. Still opens with the tiles as before, the only change appears when I open the full list of apps and then instead of a vertical list at the left, it has reverted to the screen wide list that was in the pre release version

Anotheroldgit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu looks different then before, please help - Similar Threads - Start menu looks

2. My taskbar looks different than it used to look before.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar looks different than it used to look before.: MY TASKBAR LOOKED TO LOOK LIKE THISAND NOW IT LOOKS LIKE THIS CAN SOMEONE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM??I installed translucent tb from microsoft store and then uninstalled it since then this is happening...
  3. My taskbar looks different than it used to look before.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar looks different than it used to look before.: MY TASKBAR LOOKED TO LOOK LIKE THISAND NOW IT LOOKS LIKE THIS CAN SOMEONE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM??I installed translucent tb from microsoft store and then uninstalled it since then this is happening...
  4. start menu locked please help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu locked please help!!: when i press the "F7" key after i open the start menu. the menu gets locked and i cant use my mouse to choose anything on the menu. i have no idea how to unlock the start menu other than signing out and back in again. can anyone please help? also, why is this happen only...
  5. windows setting menu looks different

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows setting menu looks different: Hi, Does anyone know why my setting menu looks different? my older menu didn't have those functions above search bar. how can i restore this? you can see those windows update, rewards and web browsing things on top of search bar. [ATTACH]...
  6. Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help

Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help: I disabled Cortana in the regedit and also renamed the Cortana folder in the System Apps folder in order to completely stop it from running. Now, when I hit the Start menu button on the keyboard, it opens up, but am unable to type in anything.. How do I resolve this issue?...
  7. Start menu is being weird? Please help!

Start menu is being weird? Please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SmolPupple [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz8rdk/start_menu_is_being_weird_please_help/
  8. Start menu different

Start menu different: Split from this thread. I recently downloaded an update of Copic search.; They changed the start menu. How can I revert to the prior format? I have since deleted the program as I was advised that it is not secure by my McCaffrey...
  9. Help with start menu font please

Help with start menu font please: So i figured it was time to spice up my windows install a bit. I changed my font via winaero tweaker and it seems to have applied to every area of windows EXCEPT the start menu. When i open the start menu to view all my folders and subsequent apps, the font is standard still....
  10. Two different start menu looks after Anniversary Update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Two different start menu looks after Anniversary Update...: This is my start menu (with the icons only along the left): [img] This is my wife's laptop (with the "Most used" section AND the names beside the icons): [img] I would like my laptop's start menu to look like my wife's...with the "Most used" section, etc. How is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu looks different