Windows 10: Start Menu messed up

Discus and support Start Menu messed up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop with many different IDs on. I log onto each ID for different work. The problem is that on some IDs the Start Menu has messed up. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by omarmi, May 17, 2019.

1. omarmi Win User

Start Menu messed up

I have a laptop with many different IDs on.

I log onto each ID for different work.

The problem is that on some IDs the Start Menu has messed up.

I get rid of all icons and add about 3 or 4 select icons to my start menu.

NOW: I get what looks like the default start menu with many many options (without icons).

I've tried deleting and putting back my icons - but when I log out and login, all gone again.

What's happening?

Thanks.

:)

omarmi, May 17, 2019

2. windows 10 start menu messed up layout

Hello Nabiha,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys, select Personalization.
    • Select Start and check if the Start menu screen is turned to Full screen mode.
    • If the full screen is turned on, Turn off and check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, May 17, 2019
  4. Start Menu messed up

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu messed up

1. Start Menu messed up - Similar Threads - Start Menu messed

2. Start up menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up menu: For some reason my start button in the bottom left corner is not working, hasn't worked for awhile now. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu/5bc69178-25dc-4106-be97-cdd9df310fa0
  3. Start up menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up menu: For some reason my start button in the bottom left corner is not working, hasn't worked for awhile now. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu/5bc69178-25dc-4106-be97-cdd9df310fa0
  4. When will Microsoft ACTUALLY FIX the START MENU MESS UP THEIR UPDATES CAUSED?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Microsoft ACTUALLY FIX the START MENU MESS UP THEIR UPDATES CAUSED?: Sorry to be blunt in the subject, but I've spent HOURS searching for "Why did Windows Update break my Windows 11 start menu", and NONE of the options worked. I have had third party Start Menu programs installed and uninstalled at various points in troubleshooting, done the...
  5. When will Microsoft ACTUALLY FIX the START MENU MESS UP THEIR UPDATES CAUSED?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Microsoft ACTUALLY FIX the START MENU MESS UP THEIR UPDATES CAUSED?: Sorry to be blunt in the subject, but I've spent HOURS searching for "Why did Windows Update break my Windows 11 start menu", and NONE of the options worked. I have had third party Start Menu programs installed and uninstalled at various points in troubleshooting, done the...
  6. Start Menu recently added dont show up and pin to start apps is messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu recently added dont show up and pin to start apps is messed up: Recently refreshed Surface Book and updated to Windows 10 2004. New setup. Enabled on start settings to show newly added app and arranging my pin apps on start menu and messed up. Over lapping tried rearranging it keep messing up or will lose the icon [IMG]...
  7. No thumbnails in start menu on start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    No thumbnails in start menu on start-up: Since the April update (the latest one didn’t brick my PC, for a change), most of the thumbnails in my Start menu have vanished when the computer starts up. I know how to reset thumbnails, and that is the solution, but what is the reason for Windows not loading thumbnails...
  8. New update messes my start menu up

in Windows 10 Support
    New update messes my start menu up: I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows...
  9. Settings Menu messed up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Menu messed up.: As the title says, many of my settings pages are messed up. Any ideas? Tried in place repair-fails. I`m on latest build. 66296
  10. Messed up start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up start menu: So, I finally decided to upgrade to W10 from Windows 7, and it's cool and everything, actually liking it. The only thing that has gone wrong, is that I get this [img] (for those who don't know spanish, 'pendiente' means pending) instead of this [img] what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. widnows 10 start menu screwed up

2. windows start menu is messed up

3. start menu messed up

4. windows start menu search messed up