Windows 10: Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

Discus and support Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I already ran into troubles. I fixed most of them with DISM & SFC scans, but for some weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by witten1972, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

Hi guys, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I already ran into troubles.
    I fixed most of them with DISM & SFC scans, but for some weird reason my Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger, and the Folders inside Windows Explorer look somehow a tad smaller. When I reboot these problems are gone, until I restart again, they resurface.

I hope this screenshot helps you to visualize what I'm trying to say.
    Two programs are open (Chrome & Mail), they're minimized, but their size has increased about 40%.

Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger [​IMG]

In the next screenshot my Folder icons look slightly smaller than their original size:

What could be the cause?

:)

witten1972, Aug 6, 2019

2. Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

Hi guys, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I already ran into troubles.
    I fixed most of them with DISM & SFC scans, but for some weird reason my Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger, and the Folders inside Windows Explorer look somehow a tad smaller. Also text in Chrome' Properties window appear blurred.

When I reboot these problems are gone, until I restart again, they resurface.

I hope this screenshot helps you to visualize what I'm trying to say.
    Two programs are open (Chrome & Mail), they're minimized, but their size has increased about 40%.

In the next screenshot my Folder icons look slightly smaller than their original size:

Final screenshot of a blurred Chrome' Properties window:

What could be the cause?

witten1972, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

How to actually start program minimized in Windows 10?

Steps i tried to make program (for example: Thunderbird) to load on startup, but minimized:

1. Placed shortcut under: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. In a shortcut properties i've checked "minimized"

Rebooted windows, it does start, but MAXIMIZED! Can't make it minimized, just like on MacOS i could set it hidden.

Alexander Kim, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

1. Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger - Similar Threads - Start Menu minimized

2. Taskbar and Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  3. Does this qualify as a "minimal" start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does this qualify as a "minimal" start menu?: [ATTACH] with that sexy 768p resolution. *chef's kiss* submitted by /u/yeehawbrotha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3nne4/does_this_qualify_as_a_minimal_start_menu/
  4. Need to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to start a program minimized: Hi... I made a new string on the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got the program to start on windows startup. But I need it to open minimized. What do I need to do to make it open...
  5. How to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    How to start a program minimized: Hi... I made a new string on the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got the program to start on windows startup. But I need it to open minimized. What do I need to do to make it open...
  6. Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray

in Windows 10 News
    Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Task Manager is a built-in program in Windows which lets you keep a track on running processes, CPU, Memory, and other resource usage. It also offers you to remove programs from the Windows startup as well. Some pro users [...] This post Pin Task Manager...
  7. Minimizing windows opens the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimizing windows opens the start menu: Whenever I minimize a program window (Chrome, word, Outlook, File explorer, etc.) Instead of just hiding the window, my computer opens the start menu tiles. I also cannot access the desktop via button in the lower right corner of the taskbar....
  8. How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized: I have an old programme I like called Desktop Secretary that I am using With Windows 10. Its being run in compatibility mode for Vista SP2. The built in option to run on startup does not work for Win 10 so I am using Task scheduler to make it run automatically at startup. Is...
  9. Batch file start program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file start program minimized: Here's a little script to make a backup of 2 directories: Code: ::can't copy Opera data while Opera is running taskkill /im opera.exe robocopy c:\all e:\Bobback\All /mir robocopy c:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming e:\Bobback\Roaming /mir ::restart Opera minimized start...
  10. Can't minimize to taskbar on a few programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't minimize to taskbar on a few programs.: What graphic card do you have and drivers installed?