Windows 10: Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

Discus and support Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I already ran into troubles. I fixed most of them with DISM & SFC scans, but for some weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by witten1972, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

Hi guys, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I already ran into troubles.
    I fixed most of them with DISM & SFC scans, but for some weird reason my Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger, and the Folders inside Windows Explorer look somehow a tad smaller. When I reboot these problems are gone, until I restart again, they resurface.

I hope this screenshot helps you to visualize what I'm trying to say.
    Two programs are open (Chrome & Mail), they're minimized, but their size has increased about 40%.

Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger [​IMG]

In the next screenshot my Folder icons look slightly smaller than their original size:

Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger [​IMG]

What could be the cause?

:)

witten1972, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

1. Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger - Similar Threads - Start Menu minimized

2. Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray

in Windows 10 News
    Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Task Manager is a built-in program in Windows which lets you keep a track on running processes, CPU, Memory, and other resource usage. It also offers you to remove programs from the Windows startup as well. Some pro users [...] This post Pin Task Manager...
  3. Minimizing windows opens the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimizing windows opens the start menu: Whenever I minimize a program window (Chrome, word, Outlook, File explorer, etc.) Instead of just hiding the window, my computer opens the start menu tiles. I also cannot access the desktop via button in the lower right corner of the taskbar....
  4. That Was Weird...Could Not Launch Programs From Start Menu or Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    That Was Weird...Could Not Launch Programs From Start Menu or Taskbar: Plugged in this morning as usual powered up and reached desktop (I always startup with no Internet or WiFi) and tried launching task manager from the taskbar per routine and nothing. Tried from RUN and nothing. Tried launching other programs from the taskbar and the menu bar...
  5. Toolbar "programs only" start menu for Windows 10 on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toolbar "programs only" start menu for Windows 10 on taskbar?: Does anybody have a list of Windows 10 shell folder ids? I would like to make one of those toolbar "programs" only menus on the taskbar. The original one Brink showed for Win8, which was great, by the way, does not work the same anymore. In Windows 10, it now has...
  6. How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized: I have an old programme I like called Desktop Secretary that I am using With Windows 10. Its being run in compatibility mode for Vista SP2. The built in option to run on startup does not work for Win 10 so I am using Task scheduler to make it run automatically at startup. Is...
  7. Make taskbar icons bigger?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make taskbar icons bigger?: Hello. I find the new taskbar icons in Win 10 to be annoyingly small. Is there a way to make them appear bigger? Thanks in advance. =) 10367
  8. Batch file start program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file start program minimized: Here's a little script to make a backup of 2 directories: Code: ::can't copy Opera data while Opera is running taskkill /im opera.exe robocopy c:\all e:\Bobback\All /mir robocopy c:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming e:\Bobback\Roaming /mir ::restart Opera minimized start...
  9. Can't minimize to taskbar on a few programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't minimize to taskbar on a few programs.: What graphic card do you have and drivers installed?
  10. Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized: I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and I can't. I've looked at tons of small tips online to get this working but it doesn't work at all. I have a batch file which causes various programs to start when opened. However, one of them always appears above the rest...