Windows 10: Start menu missing all installed programs/apps and pinned items

Discus and support Start menu missing all installed programs/apps and pinned items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10 Pro 1903 and have been having some trouble with my start menu. The other week pinned items would not work so I done a repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RamboMcMutNutts, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Start menu missing all installed programs/apps and pinned items

I'm running windows 10 Pro 1903 and have been having some trouble with my start menu.

The other week pinned items would not work so I done a repair install to fix the problem.

Today suddenly most of my pinned items on the start menu have mysteriously vanished and all my installed programs and apps are missing from the start menu completely! Searching for them in the start menu brings up nothing and the only way to see if they are installed is to go into add remove programs or to go into the install directories to find them.

I just completed another repair install thinking this would fix the problem but it still remains.

I also have this strange unidentified entry in the start menu ms-resource:AppName/Text

*Confused

:)

RamboMcMutNutts, Jul 8, 2019

2. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Can't pin programs to Start menu anymore?

See if these steps help. Some of these steps might require a good amount of time to complete - consider it maintenance downtime.

Slartybart, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Start menu missing all installed programs/apps and pinned items

Programs and "all apps" missing from Start menu Windows 10

Hi Fredrick,

You will find All apps option in
    Start menu
    of Windows 10 OS.

Before we assist further, did you check if All apps option is available in
    Start menu?

If haven’t checked, follow the steps below to see if all the apps installed on the PC in located under All apps.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and check if
      All apps option is located in the bottom left corner of the
      Start menu
      window.
    • If yes, click on All apps and check if the apps and programs installed on the PC is listed.
    • If you want to pin the programs and apps listed under
      All apps on the Start menu, right click on the program/app and select
      Pin to Start from the context menu.
    • Close the window, click on Windows logo key on the keyboard and check if the program/app is pinned to
      Start menu.

Write to us with the status of all apps not missing from Start menu on the PC in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Start menu missing all installed programs/apps and pinned items

1. Start menu missing all installed programs/apps and pinned items - Similar Threads - Start menu missing

2. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again: Hi.All my pinned Start Menu items have disappeared again. Some of you will know that this is a regular occurrence 4 instances last year, including June and November, and then again in February 2023.My Start menu has, again, been replaced the default "Productivity" set of...
  3. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again: Hi.All my pinned Start Menu items have disappeared again. Some of you will know that this is a regular occurrence 4 instances last year, including June and November, and then again in February 2023.My Start menu has, again, been replaced the default "Productivity" set of...
  4. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pinned items disappear in start menu

Pinned items disappear in start menu: I'm facing a problem recently. I pinned some softwares in start menu. But when I turned on my PC again, I saw that they are missing !!! I've pinned again and they disappeared again Would you like to tell me that what's the problem and how can I fix it?...
  6. Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?

Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?: Hey guys, I have a decent amount of items on my Desktop that I want to pin to the Start Menu. Pinning them one by one would be a pain, so is there a way to pin all of them at once? Thanks *Smile 11799
  7. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  8. [SOLVED]Moving an All Apps item to the first Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED]Moving an All Apps item to the first Start Menu: I just completed installing 9879 using Brink's instructions on how to do it over Win 7 to get all of my apps included without having to reinstall them! Thanks Brink. However I am left with one annoying situation. Wnen I press the Windows key, several of the folders...
  9. Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu: How to: Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu How to Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10 PC. Some of these...
  10. Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible: I pinned Windows Update to my Start Menu. After some time, I noticed it was gone and tried to re-pin it. But when I right-clicked on the setting, all that showed up was "Unpin from Start." Selecting that option causes the dialog window to crash/close. As things stand, I...