Windows 10: Start Menu missing apps installed from MS Store

Discus and support Start Menu missing apps installed from MS Store in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed 3D Builder into my Windows 10. The app, while fully functional through extension links -- double click an associated file and 3D Builder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by G.Wild, Mar 26, 2021.

1. G.Wild Win User

Start Menu missing apps installed from MS Store

I installed 3D Builder into my Windows 10. The app, while fully functional through extension links -- double click an associated file and 3D Builder opens and works properly -- I do not have any mention of it in my Start Menu.

The menu looks something like this:

#

3D Viewer

A

Adobe ...

I'd think 3D Builder would precede 3D Viewer in the start list. My attempts to copy the desktop shortcut created when installed get the app icon onto the tiles in the start menu; but all of my attempts to add it with proper icon to the app list have failed miserable. I can get a link that works, but the icon is the default blank page rather than the proper 3D Builder icon shown everywhere else.

And please - do not tell me to right click All Apps / All Programs. I already have them all showing that Windows thinks need to be there. E.g., A Macrium application, consolidate.exe is in my appdata/roaming/ms/win/start folder, yet also is not showing up in the Start Menu list ...

:)

G.Wild, Mar 26, 2021

2. Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

So lately I was faced by the following symptoms :
    1 - Alot of apps not appearing on start menu where I can only run them through store
    2 - Mysterious app called : ms-resource:appDisplayName appearing on start menu that can't be deleted / uninstalled
    3 - All my previous sorted tiles were reseted

I managed to research and here is what I attempted along the way :
    1 - I found number of pages that claimed start menu now is no longer a matter of links to sort , but more like yet another database managed by indexing service (which I doubt because it doesn't really show everything installed) and it suggested running re-indexing to sort start menu shortcut issues where I did that but status remained the same
    2 - Suggestions of re-installing apps where the hidden apps still did not show after re-installation
    3 - Suggestion to reset store using WSReset.exe (nothing)
    4 - Suggestion to run Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} to totally reset the store (nothing)
    5 - Suggestion to Run > shell:AppsFolder and then right click apps to find their locations and sort them where the apps showing are found their , their location lead to older windows folder structure of start menu where the rest of the missing software shows but they still wont show on start menu

So any hints on how to edit the bloody menu to reflect store apps installed and adding other missing installed software shortcuts ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Start Menu missing apps installed from MS Store

Windows 10 start menu missing icon

I followed all your troubleshooting steps and the icons are still missing. All of the missing icons in the start menu are all windows store apps. If you have any further suggestions on what to try, please let me know. Thanks.

William Kochevar, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Start Menu missing apps installed from MS Store

1. Start Menu missing apps installed from MS Store - Similar Threads - Start Menu missing

2. ms store is missing from apps and feature

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ms store is missing from apps and feature: what should i do to get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-is-missing-from-apps-and-feature/332459a5-76a6-4510-951a-920a23a9865f
  3. ms store is missing from apps and feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms store is missing from apps and feature: what should i do to get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-is-missing-from-apps-and-feature/332459a5-76a6-4510-951a-920a23a9865f
  4. ms store is missing from apps and feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu: Hello!For some time now Im missing many icons from the start menu. But this only happens when I use the search function. The small Icon in the list of programms are still there. And this only happens with apps I downloaded from the Microsoft App store. Can anyone help please?...
  6. Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu: Hello!For some time now Im missing many icons from the start menu. But this only happens when I use the search function. The small Icon in the list of programms are still there. And this only happens with apps I downloaded from the Microsoft App store. Can anyone help please?...
  7. Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu

8. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  9. Apps missing from search and start menu

Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  10. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization