Windows 10: Start Menu mixer/volume doesnt respond anymore to left/right clicks

Discus and support Start Menu mixer/volume doesnt respond anymore to left/right clicks in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since a few day when I click on the right lower sound volume/mixer, nothing happens anymore, no popup, no right click menu. Does someone know how this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mkdr, Feb 1, 2016.

1. mkdr Win User

Start Menu mixer/volume doesnt respond anymore to left/right clicks

Since a few day when I click on the right lower sound volume/mixer, nothing happens anymore, no popup, no right click menu. Does someone know how this happened and how to fix it?

Thank you

:)

mkdr, Feb 1, 2016
  2. AreitusZ Win User

Start button and volume mixer unresponsive

My start button and volume mixer suddenly do not respond anymore when I left click them. I can right click, but it's been a bit annoying trying to navigate without a start button. I tried rebooting but it didn't seem to fix the issue.

What can I do?

AreitusZ, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Jeff0423 Win User
    Can't open volume mixer (Windows 10 on Toshiba laptop)

I'm running Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5303 laptop. When I ty to open my volume mixer from the task bar, nothing happens. I left double click, and I right click and click "Open Volume Mixer." Nothing. I was able to find out that I can use
    the FN key along with F9 & F10 to adjust the volume, but the fact the volume mixer icon isn't responding makes me think there's a deeper issue. Any suggestions?

Jeff0423, Feb 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

I see you have realtek onboard sound. Open the Sound Manager and in the information section try changing the "Display icon in notification area" setting a few times and see if it gets it working again.

Start Menu mixer/volume doesnt respond anymore to left/right clicks [​IMG]

If not, one other question do you use multiple monitors? Sometimes this can cause the volume icon to malfunction as it loses track of where it is!

philc43, Feb 2, 2016
  5. mkdr Win User
    Thank you for trying to help, but I meant the windows mixer symbol which doesn't work anymore. It stopped responding to left and right clicks on my laptop PC from one day to another, didnt install anything. And no just the laptop screen. The laptop also has Intel sound so no realtek. I still can open the Windows mixer via search and run but not via the taskbar icon.

mkdr, Feb 2, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Sorry I was looking at your System Specs and got the wrong idea!

Look in Settings > System .> Notifications and then select "Turn System Icons on or off"

Now you can turn off the volume icon, restart the laptop, go back into these setting, turn the volume icon back on and see if it makes a difference.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu mixer/volume doesnt respond anymore to left/right clicks - Similar Threads - Start Menu mixer

2. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK: I tried every method on the Internet, none can fix the problem completely. I have two computers the same issues, I use the latest version Windows 10, I bet MS cannot resolve this stupid problem in 10 years....
  7. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  8. Volume Mixer upon click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Mixer upon click: After noticing a tutorial published by Brink for reverting back to the old windows 7 master volume and volume mixer I wondered if it would be possible to change something so that when I clicked the volume system icon, I got the volume mixer right away and not the master...
  9. Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works: I ran the System File Checker as suggested; it detected no problems. I have two PCs with Windows 10. On the one that I upgraded to Windows 10 most recently, I have no problem. On the one that I upgraded about 9 months before that (it is a Samsung laptop), I can only access...
  10. Start menu doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu doesnt work anymore: Hello. I am using windows 10 since a few weeks now and already encountered a startmenu bug earlier on. This was because of the Teamspeak Overlay which caused the startmenu to be completely unuseable. Ive removed this plugin and ever since everything worked perfectly, until...