Windows 10: Start Menu Modifications Event Logs?

Discus and support Start Menu Modifications Event Logs? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to retrieve logs for modifications to the start menu tiles changing names of categories, moving apps in event viewer. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cole K. Motuliak, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Start Menu Modifications Event Logs?

Hello, I would like to retrieve logs for modifications to the start menu tiles changing names of categories, moving apps in event viewer. Is this possible?

Thanks.

:)

Cole K. Motuliak, Feb 25, 2020

2. "Windows Event Log" service not starting

When I start the "Windows Event Log" service I get the following error:

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 15008: The specified xml text was not well-formed. See Extended Error for more details.

Any suggestion on how to make this sevice work again?

Thanks,

AndreaSchiavinato, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Start Menu Modifications Event Logs?

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu Modifications Event Logs?

1. Start Menu Modifications Event Logs? - Similar Threads - Start Menu Modifications

2. event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log: Checking the event log a constant error is is this I have included this screen shot can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log/392cf2c4-623e-4c7e-b677-c1718e676b8d
  3. Start menu pulling up at log on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu pulling up at log on.: So I found an issue while logging in on Windows. When I log in to Windows to where I left off at, it pulls up the start menu. I don't know why this is happening. How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advance!...
  4. Start menu pulling up at log on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu pulling up at log on.: So I found an issue while logging in on Windows. When I log in to Windows to where I left off at, it pulls up the start menu. I don't know why this is happening. How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advance!...
  5. Start menu pulling up at log on.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  7. Windows 10 Start menu tile modification

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Start menu tile modification: Hi all, I hoping someone can help me with amending the start menu tiles. We currently have a custom "layoutmodification.xml" file in the users profile, this is app. this displays IE and File explorer tiles in the start menu. I would like to remove IE, replace it with Edge...
  8. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e
  9. Start Menu layout modification turns to default after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu layout modification turns to default after restart: Our company uses a default LayoutModification xml-file on all our computers. However only one of the computers has changed the startlayout after Windows 10 , v.1809 update. But the changes were overwritten after a reboot. So Start Menu layout modification turns to default...
  10. Start Menu layout modification using LayoutModification xml-file changes to default after...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu layout modification using LayoutModification xml-file changes to default after...: We have a default LayoutModification xml-file applied on all our computers. Since 1809, one can change the startlayout, but all changes are overwritten after a reboot is performed. It worked fine before on 1803. Is there a solution for this? ***Original title: Default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu logs in event viewer