Windows 10: Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

Discus and support Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Using Windows 10 v1511. I have recently uninstalled an app by right-clicking on the start menu and selecting Uninstall. However, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sheldorbaz1nga, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

Hello all,

Using Windows 10 v1511. I have recently uninstalled an app by right-clicking on the start menu and selecting Uninstall.

However, the tile (albeit a blank one) is stuck in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. No matter how many times I right-click on it and select 'Don't show in this list', it still remains and won't budge.

Is there a manual way of removing it from the list?

Thanks! *Smile

:)

sheldorbaz1nga, Nov 25, 2015
  2. Mr Myrsky Win User

Start menu "Most Used Apps" problem

Is there some way to allow an item that's been flagged for exclusion in the Start menu's "Most Used Apps" to appear in the list again? I mean I removed an app from the "Most Used Apps" list in the Start menu's left side and I would like it to reappear there
    again. It won't show up no matter how many times I open the application again and close it down. Please help, it's an annoying problem.

Mr Myrsky, Nov 25, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    How to stop app ads turning up in my start menu

I don't know what you are referring to as "app adds". There are no advertisements in my Start Menu (yet),

but there are a lot of shortcuts for what many of us consider 'bloatware'.

You can remove most of these Windows 'apps', but unfortunately Big Brother MS won't let us have full control,

so we are stuck with some of them, eg- Cortana , Edge.

How to Uninstall Windows 10’s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

BossDweeb, Nov 25, 2015
  4. Neonalig Win User

Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

I had the same problem but I found a fix, You have to open Task Manager, Make sure more details is open and you are in the processes tab. Scroll down until you find 'Explorer' or 'Windows Explorer', Then you want to right click it and select 'End task'. After that, At the top select File, Run new task and type in explorer.exe and press Ok. It should now disappear, Hope this helped *Cool

Neonalig, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

1. Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/ - Similar Threads - Start Menu Used

2. Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu: Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear. Then I checked Settings-Personalization-Start to make sure that "most used apps" were still enabled. They are. My Win 10 is...
  3. Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing

Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing: I have enabled the ALL my Settings > Personalisation > Start options. My Settings > Privacy >General options are also ALL enabled. I do not have most used listing or recently added listing displayed. Please help me fix this problem...
  4. Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10

Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10: Hi, I have finally found a simple way to reset Start menu Most Used Apps in Windows 10. To reset it please follow these steps: Open Start menu > Launch Settings app >Privacy >General >Disable (Allow Windows to track app launches to improve Start and search results)>...
  5. How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu

How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu: Hi all I have recently noticed a ghost app stuck in Start Menu with the name 'ms-resource:AppName\Text'. I want to remove it. [ATTACH] I right-clicked on the app to bring up the app setting page which looks like this: [ATTACH] I tried repairing and uninstalling the...
  6. Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?: If so, could someone please show me how to do it? I removed a couple of apps from there and they either get replaced by a random program or disappear. 14935
  7. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  8. Most apps and start menu won't work. Error 0xc0000022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most apps and start menu won't work. Error 0xc0000022: I really don't know what could be causing this, but it has something to do with corrupt Windows files. This morning before any of this happened my computer was stuck on a black screen on startup with nothing but eternally spinning white dots. That was fixed by booting in...
  9. Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Most used group on your Start menu All apps list will show up to 6 of your frequently opened apps to make it easier to open them...
  10. Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Most Used apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Most used group on your Start menu All apps list will show up to 6 of your frequently opened apps to make it easier to open them from...