Windows 10: Start Menu Mostly Not Working. How Fix?

Discus and support Start Menu Mostly Not Working. How Fix? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Acer Aspire V Laptop After right clicking the Start Menu button, most of the appearing menu items don't work. The bottom three selections: Shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomBrooklyn, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Start Menu Mostly Not Working. How Fix?

Acer Aspire V Laptop

After right clicking the Start Menu button, most of the appearing menu items don't work.

The bottom three selections: Shut down, Run, and Search, all work; but nothing else.

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Win10 a few weeks ago. The Start Menu hasn't worked since the upgrade, I think.

:)

TomBrooklyn, Mar 22, 2016

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Mar 22, 2016
  3. KSolis' Win User
    Windows 10 minimizing any games automatically at random times

This worked for me! The issue started immediately after the march 2018 update. I have an ASUS gaming laptop that isn't touchscreen and play mostly Big Fish games and it wouldn't get to the game menu before minimizing. How annoying, but this fixed it!
    Seems like every update there's something that doesn't run correctly. Thanks Bill545!

KSolis', Mar 22, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Start Menu Mostly Not Working. How Fix?

You did not say how you upgraded to Win 10.
    Was it via Windows Update or by using Win 10 ISO file to upgrade ?

I am assuming you were upgrading via Windows Update.
    If yes, do your upgrade again but this time use Windows 10 ISO file.

Please follow my instructions to the letter........................

Use the Tech Bench link to download the iso file :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 (first one on the list)> click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    Select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    At the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

See if everything is running as expected.
    If so, you might want to burn the iso file to a bootable DVD or USB. That can be used if you need to do a Clean Install.

davidhk, Mar 22, 2016
  5. TomBrooklyn, Mar 22, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Please read my instructions again.

davidhk, Mar 22, 2016
  7. OK. I'll read more carefully.

TomBrooklyn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Mostly Not Working. How Fix?

1. Start Menu Mostly Not Working. How Fix? - Similar Threads - Start Menu Mostly

2. Windows 11 Task Bar mostly empty and Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Bar mostly empty and Start Menu not working: Hello,Yesterday I opened my user account and the task bar had reverted to the Windows 10 layout and was not functioning e.g. clicking an app to open did nothing. After some trouble shooting I am now in a state where the task bar is entirely empty apart from the little ^ and...
  3. Windows 11 Task Bar mostly empty and Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Task Bar mostly empty and Start Menu not working: Hello,Yesterday I opened my user account and the task bar had reverted to the Windows 10 layout and was not functioning e.g. clicking an app to open did nothing. After some trouble shooting I am now in a state where the task bar is entirely empty apart from the little ^ and...
  4. In Start Menu icons of the most application are missing. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Start Menu icons of the most application are missing. How to fix it?: How to return icons of applications? Screenshot: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-start-menu-icons-of-the-most-application-are/cb08981f-5313-4103-8c40-e6292882fea1
  5. fix critical error "start menu not working"

in Cortana
    fix critical error "start menu not working": how do i fix critical error start menu not working in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-critical-error-start-menu-not-working/1488ecac-6edc-44e7-96b9-ed3b2ed0bda7"
  6. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  7. Start menu, action center, etc not working most of the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, action center, etc not working most of the time: I get randomly but frequently on my Windows 10 on my Dell Optiplex 780 where the start menu stops working. clicking on it does nothing, the start menu will not open, so I attempt the action center, that will not open either. Neither will the sound (volume), or the Ethernet...
  8. Start menu FIX

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu FIX: I installed build 10130 then the start menu bugged and tried every solotion i saw from posts but would not work. What worked when i went into Settings -> Personalization -> Start and toggled on / off Use full-screen start when in the taskbar. Toggle it on the click start to...
  9. Start menu and webpages are mostly black

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and webpages are mostly black: I just recently got a new hp laptop and have windows 10 installed onto a flash drive plugged into it due to a lack of hard drive space. For some reason every website i visit and all the menus through start are mostly black. [img] [img] 22624
  10. How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu: I have opened the Paint program add least 100 times in the past two days. It has never been added to the Most Used area of the Start Menu. What do I need to do to get Paint to show in Most Used on the Start Menu? 14565