Windows 10: Start Menu- Move Apps out of Folders

Discus and support Start Menu- Move Apps out of Folders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo S340 laptop with Microsoft software. In my start menu I have some apps contained in folders. I want to move some of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertDenison1, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Start Menu- Move Apps out of Folders

I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo S340 laptop with Microsoft software. In my start menu I have some apps contained in folders. I want to move some of these apps out of the folders so they can be stand alone apps and then to able to delete the folders if I choose. Can someone guide me?

:)

RobertDenison1, Mar 31, 2020

2. Displaying Folder structure in the start menu All Apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To make sure I understand correctly, are you referring to expanding a folder in the start menu to view the extended folders?

If so, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. After clicking "app apps", locate the folder from the list.

2. Check if you see a small arrow like icon pointing downward near the folder.

3. If so, click on it. This will expand all the folders and items included in that particular folder.

Let us know if this helps.

We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 31, 2020
  3. atinfo Win User
    Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List"

Hi,
    Why Cortana don't search hidden folder in Start Menu? I copied a folder that contains my portable apps shortcut, when I copy that folder to Start Menu folder [in ProgramData], Cortana lists that folder in Start Menu App List and Cortana search works but when I hide that folder [and hide from Start Menu App List, that I want to be hide in Start Menu App List] Cortana only shows my search result [for example, shows my portable app shortcut] but nothing work!!! when I click on portable app shortcut [that I put on that folder]. *Think

atinfo, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Start Menu- Move Apps out of Folders

How how do you always display text for start menu folders?

Hi,

Start Menu is one of the feature enhanced in Windows 10. You can customize Start Menu by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Click Start.
    These are the options that you can see under Start:

• With the Show more tiles, you can expand tile column.
    • Turning on Occasionally show suggestions in Start will show suggestions in Windows 10.
    • Show most used apps will show most used apps list on Start Menu.
    • Enabling Show recently added apps will display the program you installed last.
    • You can also view Start Menu in full screen by enabling Use Start full screen.
    • Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar
      will show your recently opened items.
    • To choose what apps or folders you like to appear on you Start Menu, you can click
      Choose which folders appear on Start.
    Note: You can also resize the Start Menu by simply dragging the top or the right edge of the Start Menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu- Move Apps out of Folders

1. Start Menu- Move Apps out of Folders - Similar Threads - Start Menu Move

2. Moving All Apps button on Start menu dialog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving All Apps button on Start menu dialog: Windows 11 Professional.I click on the start menu icon. The bottom of the popup shows my username button on the bottom lower left, and the shutdown button on the bottom lower right. Going vertical, there's some space then a Recommended text. Moving up there are icons of...
  3. My start menue apps have moved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start menue apps have moved.: When I hit my start button bottom left all my apps have now moved to the center of the page. Any ideas? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menue-apps-have-moved/c0b44c53-bdc6-45a3-8ba3-7a3ff2c12649
  4. My start menue apps have moved.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My start menue apps have moved.: When I hit my start button bottom left all my apps have now moved to the center of the page. Any ideas? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menue-apps-have-moved/c0b44c53-bdc6-45a3-8ba3-7a3ff2c12649
  5. My start menue apps have moved.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Creating custom folders in Start Menu and moving all apps there?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating custom folders in Start Menu and moving all apps there?: So in past Windows versions, I had topic based folders (such as Games, Graphic, Java and such) and moved all the corresponding shortcuts there for ordered, faster access. Is this possible in Windows 10? Because I found no way yet. Cheers. submitted by /u/thatguyfromvienna...
  7. Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own

Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own: Every now and then I open my start menu and folders such as the ones labeled I, W and V below have moved far below where I put them. Sometimes they end up overlapping. I wondered if I just somehow moved them by accident I'm pretty sure I didn't and other strange things happen...
  8. Windows apps blacked out in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows apps blacked out in start menu: It seems most if not all windows apps, like the calendar, calculator, camera etc. are blacked out and when I click to open them it says error cannot open. Why did this happen all the sudden? I just installed the most recent update for Windows 10. Version10.0.18363 Build 18363...
  9. Moving the Start Menu

Moving the Start Menu: Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-start-menu/58191b5a-dd0c-4855-84f7-419e36cb9822
  10. why is my start menu folders greyed out?

in Windows 10 Support
    why is my start menu folders greyed out?: [img] Everything is greyed out. How do I fix this? 14766