Windows 10: Start menu non operational

Discus and support Start menu non operational in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows Pro 10.0.19041.388. The start menu no longer works. Every time I try to use it I get an error message stating "CRITICAL ERROR. Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gl0bal C0nscience, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Start menu non operational

I have Windows Pro 10.0.19041.388. The start menu no longer works. Every time I try to use it I get an error message stating "CRITICAL ERROR. Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. Sign out now."

I do not get any option and the laptop signs out and restarts.

I have tried the Powershell and remove and reinstall Updates options but like the computers promise. nothing has fixed it yet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Although I can work around the problem, I really would like it fixed.

Cheers

DAvid

:)

Gl0bal C0nscience, Aug 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Start menu non operational

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Start menu non operational

1. Start menu non operational - Similar Threads - Start menu non

2. start button will not operate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    start button will not operate: Hi, Need to speak to a tech.Start button is inoperative same problem happened 01/21/2021. Case#106330413 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-will-not-operate/978a5ef9-d3cf-4558-93b9-28dca271ff1c
  3. Master Volume non-operational in update 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Master Volume non-operational in update 2004?: Is it just me or are has anyone encountered issues with master volume in version 2004? I could lower my volume to 0 or max it out, but individual app volumes would not be affected, I now need to keep the App Volume Settings window open to control everything, and can no longer...
  4. Start Menu No Start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu No Start: When I select my Start Menu, I receive a critical error message. I uninstalled the last Windows update but that didn't solve the problem. submitted by /u/HalfFoods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq6m3a/start_menu_no_start/
  5. Registry entry to enable non-local shortcuts to be pinned to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry entry to enable non-local shortcuts to be pinned to the start menu?: Is there a registry entry that will allow shortcuts that point to something that is not on the C:\ drive to be pinned to the start menu? I am aware of the workarounds like changing the properties of a local shortcut once it's pinned. I'm doing this in large scale, so that...
  6. non functioning start menu / windows icon after glitchy update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    non functioning start menu / windows icon after glitchy update: I assume Windows 10 downloaded an update yesterday because today I cannot open Windows explorer, or Cortana or Task View on the taskbar. Windows key not working but I never use it anyway. Cannot get to 'settings' due to non functioning start menu button on desktop. Would...
  7. Non-Operation of Biometric Sign-in option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Non-Operation of Biometric Sign-in option: I am using a laptop, which assembles fingerprint sensor as biometric device. It was working fine until a worse 'Windows Update' came into play. Now, while browsing in 'sign-in options' settings, I encountered a message stating "Windows Hello isn't available on this device"....
  8. Pinned Start Menu Items Being Removed for Non-Administrative Users

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Start Menu Items Being Removed for Non-Administrative Users: Hello, I am hoping that someone might have a solution to this issue. I am currently running the following hardware/software: Dell T5810 Workstation Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64bit With a specific Group Policy for Non-Administrators in place I have searched the...
  9. Windows 10 Built-In Programs and Start Menu Non-Repsonsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Built-In Programs and Start Menu Non-Repsonsive: Hey everyone, I am having an issue with my Windows 10 PC's inability to use the start menu, and other programs specifically for Windows 10 (such as Control Panel, Updates, Settings, Cortana/Search, etc.) All other aspects of the computer work, programs, file explorer,...
  10. Non-Functioning Start Menu / Missing taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-Functioning Start Menu / Missing taskbar Icons: I seem to remember running across a post here regarding the problem with a non-functioning Start Menu button and missing or non-functioning taskbar icons that indicated this issue had been fixed in the Anniversary Update. Well I don't think so. I was playing with a brand new...