Windows 10: Start menu not appearing after update + Explorer not starting

Discus and support Start menu not appearing after update + Explorer not starting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on Win 10 Pro-64 bits (10.0, Build 17134) A few months ago, my Explorer (i.e. desktop) stopped starting automatically when booting Windows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RiTz21, Apr 30, 2019.

1. RiTz21 Win User

Start menu not appearing after update + Explorer not starting

I'm on Win 10 Pro-64 bits (10.0, Build 17134)

A few months ago, my Explorer (i.e. desktop) stopped starting automatically when booting Windows. I tried all I could find on the Web to fix, but I gave up as nothing proposed worked. So when I log in, I manually start the Task Manager and "Run" Explorer manually. Life sucks.

Yesterday, there was an update installed. Since then, more problems...

The Start Menu does not appear when I press the Windows icon, nor does it appear if I press the Windows Key. Nor does the Time/Calendar appear if I click on it.

I found a Start Menu test application created by Microsoft and ran that and it reports:
    "Required application not installed correctly - NOT Fixed"
    "Tile DataBase is corrupt - NOT Fixed"

Seems to me the system is more and more troubled... (read Jammed!)

Any magical suggestions on how to fix these issues?
    THANKS!!

:)

RiTz21, Apr 30, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Games do not appear in Vista x64 start menu ?

this problem has been bugging me, i install games like crysis, COH , WIC and they do not appear in start menu , wats up ?

wolf2009, Apr 30, 2019
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Games do not appear in Vista x64 start menu ?

i was talking about that start menu .

wolf2009, Apr 30, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Start menu not appearing after update + Explorer not starting - Similar Threads - Start menu appearing

2. Start menu file explorer error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu file explorer error: when accessing file explorer through the start menu only, I get this error: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Windows cannot access the specified device path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. going to the path stated and launching the program...
  3. Start Menu Appearance On Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Appearance On Open: Hello everyone. I've loved this sight and its Windows 7 counterpart for long time. Thank you for all the work you do and for the information you provide. My question is can I make the Start Menu open up like what is shown in the image below, instead of the long list of...
  4. New Apps appearing on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Apps appearing on Start Menu: The first thing i did after installing Win10 was setting my updates to notify for downloads and installation so that I could decide whether to download updates or not. However I noticed that new apps like People, Phone Companion, Calculator appeared on the start menu after...
  5. File Explorer slow and Start menu icons not highlighting after update

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow and Start menu icons not highlighting after update: Since the big update on Sunday (for me anyway), whenever I use File Explorer, it takes ages to do anything. I can double-click a folder, and it will take about 5 seconds to open it. Even when it opens it, I often get "Working on it" for a few seconds before the files show....
  6. Start Menu doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu doesn't appear: Help! I'm working on my friend's Win 10 laptop, I just moved it from a mechanical hard disk to an SSD, but now the start menu doesn't appear when I left click on the Win logo (Though right clicking on it does the normal right click stuff) I tried doing an SFC /Scannow -...
  7. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  8. Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu: Hello. I have Sysinternals Autoruns installed. I created a shortcut to the executable, moved the shortcut to "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sysinternals Software", but it simply will not show in my start menu, even after a reboot (several...
  9. Start Menu - Win Explorer ? ? ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Win Explorer ? ? ?: I haven’t done any Win updates since 4-28, and late last night I started to download Forza 6 beta from Ms store, but saw it was going to take forever, so I went to bed. Somewhere in the night it finished and installed on its own (didn’t like that). PC was running when I got...
  10. Windows explorer and start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer and start menu: I've installed office 2016 on my desktop, and the icons on the start menu are just blank icons. They have the background colors for each app, but the actual program icon is not there. i've already tried reinstalling the entire suite, running a number of programs, etc. but...